States are missing for United Kingdom in Shopping Cart

Started by hrhsii, July 18, 2016, 15:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrhsii

Hi,

I am using Joomla 3.6 and vm 3

The states are showing for all countries in the shopping cart except for United Kingdom.

I have checked the manual and forums but cannot find any solution.

If no states are showing I understand that issue, script error, or disabled in the backend under fields to display, but enabled  and no error message, and works for all other countries.

I checked the Database and see the states for united kingdom (222).

What else should i do please?

jenkinhill

The UK does not have states. The countries that make up the UK are in the db but they are unpublished because they are not needed. Publish them if you think they won't annoy shoppers, or enter the full list of counties into the db. But they are not needed either, as the only requirement for delivery is the street address, town/city & postcode.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hrhsii

Thanks for the reply, i have checked the countries and United Kingdom is published, it has a green tick and all the states have little black ticks, is there any other way to publish the states?

jenkinhill

I just tried publishing the "states" for UK and sure enough they then appear in the registration form. I'm using VM3.0.17.2 with Joomla 3.6, Protostar template and default VM templates.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

hrhsii

Ok, not sure what/why, I unpublished the United Kingdom and republished it, now the states are working.
Thanks

I tried all night yesterday and it refused to work, strange...