News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Virtuemart - admin page - corrupt

Started by bozhenko, July 16, 2016, 18:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bozhenko

My site has gone through all versions of VM from 1 to 3. Now I realized that there is some error on the inside - admin view doesn't really work the way it should.
When I am in list view, menu on the left looks right: Categories collapsed and it looks neat. Screenshot1 https://yadi.sk/i/Rzq29IDCtMJBR But when I go to product edit view, or shop-shop (settings), the menu on the left looks weird, categories are not collapsed, and no tabs on top the screen: Screenshot2 https://yadi.sk/i/XHCFIak1tMKxj.
I used to ignore it, but today I needed to add some custom fields and run into bummer - I can create the field itself, though when I am trying to add it to the product - nothing happens - it doesn't work, and I suspect it has to do something with layout file being broken or something like that.
Any advice as to how to get it fixed?
Thank you in advance,
Victor
PS. I first noticed it at VM 3.0.16, rolled back to 3.0.14 - same thing...
Joomla! 3.6.4 and VirtueMart 3.0.18

StefanSTS

Hi Victor,

got that view a few times myself after adding some custom stuff in the backend or on a slow connection.

Did you install any extensions that might stop jQuery from working?
What is the last thing you see, when you scroll down to the bottom? Is the content fully loaded?

Sometimes this happens, when the page is not loaded to the end on a slow internet connection.

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

bozhenko

Quote from: StefanSTS on July 16, 2016, 22:56:55 PM
Did you install any extensions that might stop jQuery from working?
To make sure this is not the issue, backed up the whole site to localhost, then turned off EVERYTHING I could that is for admin side of my site on localhost - didn't help. So, it is not something that I had installed into admin side that ruins it. After that I even disabled everything unprotected that is not admin related, everything for the frontend of the site. Didn't help either.
Quote from: StefanSTS on July 16, 2016, 22:56:55 PM
What is the last thing you see, when you scroll down to the bottom? Is the content fully loaded? Sometimes this happens, when the page is not loaded to the end on a slow internet connection.
Again, on the localhost, I would think internet speed wouldn't matter much, yet on the localhost admin page for the site behaves the same way. It does load everything as content is concerned, yet, it doesn't "design" it the right way and there's no way I could add custom fields into product... (((
Joomla! 3.6.4 and VirtueMart 3.0.18

StefanSTS

Something is blocking your jQuery, I guess.

Any optimizers installed maybe?

If you are on a test environment anyway, you might try to install VM 3.17.2, maybe some files did not get overwritten by the update. Check all your file permissions before updating and after.

--
Stefan Schumacher

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

Studio 42

Hi,
Check your javascript console(hit F12 on pc), and report the errors.
If you have update VM to 3.0.16 then you need Joomla 3.5.1+
If you use a javascript minifier plugin, try to disable it. Some can break the admin scripts.
Some templates using frameworks can break admin too.

Milbo

Quote from: Studio 42 on July 18, 2016, 12:41:37 PM

That is new for me
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Studio 42

Quote from: Milbo on July 20, 2016, 12:09:26 PM
Quote from: Studio 42 on July 18, 2016, 12:41:37 PM

That is new for me
Because the mail problems.

StefanSTS

It's the other way around, if you update to J 3.5.1 or higher, then you need VM 3.0.16, because there is an adjustment to the changes introduced in J 3.5.1.

Or you apply the fix alone and use older versions of VM which of course is not recommended.
--
Stefan Schumacher

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Studio 42

I know, it's not VM changes, but the only working with J3.5.1+ is vm 3.0.16+ so i think my message is exact if the problem is from VM or not.
So i wonder why "That is new for me" message from milbo, i suggest to not use unsupported Vm release in Joomla. The problem is same with Joomla and PHP 7....

Milbo

because
"If you have update VM to 3.0.16 then you need Joomla 3.5.1+"
is wrong.
"If you have update Joomla to 3.5.1+ then you need VM 3.0.16+"
is correct, besides other grammatical errors.