News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

media sync error

Started by tuki, July 15, 2016, 12:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuki

Hello,
I user j 3.5.1, and VM 3.0.16.

When I try to start a media sync from vm / tools  menu i get the following error:

An error has occurred.

Return to Control Panel

I cannot figure out what is the problem.
1. tired with joomla error reporting--> no additional error message
2. tried with vm built in debug system --> no additional error message
3. checked the server logs--> cannot get any usable error message
4. checked the database coding (found only this on internet for this error code) but everything seems to be ok with vm_medias table... use utf8 codeing.

Could you help me a little  how to find the reason of this error? Or did you ever seen similar?

BIG thanks for your help!
Regards,
PEter

Studio 42

CHeck if you have set corretly the rights.
I had a problem on first install and had to go to the general config to set the Virtuemart rights.
You can change the error reporting level in Joomla too, this help in some case.

jjk

The error 1267 might be a collation mismatch in one or more of the tables and could be related to the fact that Joomla 3.51 changed the collation to utf8mb4, which only works from MySQL 5.5.3 or higher. Perhaps going to 'Extensions' > 'Database' > click the 'Fix' button would help. If the error continues to show up afterwards, you might consider to update to VirtueMart 3.0.17.2. There have been changes due to the Joomla collation change in the latest VM version.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

tuki

Quote from: Studio 42 on July 15, 2016, 22:02:49 PM
CHeck if you have set corretly the rights.
I had a problem on first install and had to go to the general config to set the Virtuemart rights.
You can change the error reporting level in Joomla too, this help in some case.

Thanks for your reply. I checked super user has all rights in ACL. I tired earlier the jjomla error log, as I wrote but gave no output.

tuki

Quote from: jjk on July 17, 2016, 07:11:32 AM
The error 1267 might be a collation mismatch in one or more of the tables and could be related to the fact that Joomla 3.51 changed the collation to utf8mb4, which only works from MySQL 5.5.3 or higher. Perhaps going to 'Extensions' > 'Database' > click the 'Fix' button would help. If the error continues to show up afterwards, you might consider to update to VirtueMart 3.0.17.2. There have been changes due to the Joomla collation change in the latest VM version.

thanks for your help. I checked the database fixing, but has no problem in it. I will try to update the new verson, hope it solve the bug.