Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Viirtuemart Shipment Methods to certain Country

Started by Brockney, July 13, 2016, 16:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brockney

Hi there,

I am using Virtuemart 3.0.14 and Joomla 3.5.1

When setting up the shipping methods in Virtuemart I followed the instructions given here: https://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/shop-menu/edit-shipment-method.html

The shipping method is displayed.

If I change the 'Available Countries' to United Kingdom the shipment method disappears from the cart page.

If I remove that option it reappears.

I also tried changing it to the United States and still encountered the same.

Does anybody know why this is?
Joomla 3.6.4
Virtuemart 3.0.18

Brockney

Possible solution:

CONFIGURATION -> COUNTRIES -> UNPUBLISH THOSE NOT SHIPPED TO

Hopefully this works - if this is incorrect please let me know

Cheers

Joomla 3.6.4
Virtuemart 3.0.18

Studio 42

QuoteIf I change the 'Available Countries' to United Kingdom the shipment method disappears from the cart page.
In this case the user have to fill the country.
A solution is to fill the country ID in the user fields. This should solve your problem.

AH

as 42 said

Set the country shopper-field to a default value

admin->VM->configuration->shopper fields

virtuemart_country_id

Default value = 222 

(UK)
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Brockney

Thank you both so much, the Shopper Fields is a very useful section which I definitely needed to find! There are a couple of small changes I should be able to make so thanks :)

I see the logic in setting a specific country to default and this did exactly as expected. However I am looking to set it such that the United Kingdom is the only country we can ship to (this is not a permanent thing if you wish to order Vapes from us and don't live here lol!)

The method I mentioned earlier does have the desired effect but is there any faster way (similar to the default country) that can be used?
Joomla 3.6.4
Virtuemart 3.0.18

jenkinhill

Like http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=134847.msg468760#msg468760

As for a quick way of enabling just one country, first set "Backend default items per list view" in VM Configuration/Templates/Set the pagination sequence for the List Box  to 300

Then go to countries, where all will be shown. Select all and unpublish. Then re-publish the one(s) you want.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Brockney

Brilliant, the pagination makes that a whole lot more straightforward, it means I can unpublish all at once.

Thank you so much! :)
Joomla 3.6.4
Virtuemart 3.0.18