News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM 3.0.12 Categories and Subcategories

Started by noriel, July 07, 2016, 21:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noriel

Hello,
I upgraded to joomla 3.4.8 and VM from version 2.5.28 to 3.0.12. I don't know if I am doing it fine, but in order to set the categories I created them as Top Level Category in Parent field and for the subcategories I choose whatever parent I want to be linked to. Here is my problem everytime I modified a subcategory some categories are modified by themself as well so I fix one and some others gets messed up. I tried to do it from the backend with the jml_virtuemart_category_categories table placing even orders, but the same thing if I go later to the front end. Do you think the ordering could be causing the issue? if yes please let me know how to set up them correctly. Any idea please?

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

balai

Not sure if that helps but do not forget to clean your joomla's cache (System > Clear Cache), after you do changes in your categories structure.

noriel

First of all thanks a lot for the reply, but nope clearing the cache didnt fix the issue it still keep changing child subcategories to differents parents and changing parent categories to child. It is pretty weird and I dont konw what to do. I am thinking to update to VM 2.0.14 which is the latest stable version as suggested. I dont konw if It helps but I had the site on my laptop which there worked properly it started happening after I moved it to the server. Any ideas please?

balai

Try repairing the database table related with your category structure (virtuemart_category_categories)
Maybe your indexes were broken

noriel

I repaired the table and cleared the cache and still the problem. I also noticed sometimes I am in the subcategory and when I look in the Parent Category option the parent is not there even though that parent has Top Level Category as parent.  :-[ Any ideas?

noriel

I also updated to VM to 3.0.14 and the categories are still changing by themself. I fix one and two more get broken. I also noticed that in the front-end the category is displayed as parent (Top Level ) but in the back-end (jml_virtuemart_category_categories) has something else so it is not synchronizing the front-end with the back-end even though I cleared the cache.
Assistance please please please  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[.