Vendor Interface and email small but serious errors need to be fixed

Started by xenofon, July 07, 2016, 14:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xenofon

Hi everyone !

I've developed a VirtueMart eshop with women clothing goods.

My Joomla version is 3.5.1 after the last update and Virtuemart is 3.0.9.4 (i've updated to last version after i updated joomla too but my website "broke", so i restored Virtuemart core version and i left Joomla to the last one).

Now i want to mention some topics which i can find no solution and i can not run my site without solving them, if someone has any idea i would be gladful.

1)First of all the order status email (confirmed by shopper) which is coming to me (Vendor) has not the name of the shopper to subject area. It's just saying : "Confirmed order from ,total xxx€"

There is a space betweeen "from" and "," which means that something is missing from there. I want the fullname of the shopper to adjust there, not the username.

2)Second, in the Back End and at the Virtuemart's menu item "Orders", field "Name" is empty, nothing is there, all the other order areas are filled with info, but shopper's name is blank to every order, I want the fullname of  the shopper to be there, what's the bug there ?? Has anyone else the same problem?

3)To the order status emails that shopper reveive now... I want to change the area to the following order status emails: "Confirmed by shopper" & "Confirmed".
   I want to change where it says "Hi," and edit that area so it says "Hi, Shopper's Fullname".

These are the problems that left to solve... Hope someone has faced them before so will be able to help me.

Best Regards,

Xenofon Kaloudis

AH

QuoteVendor Interface and email small but serious errors need to be fixed

These are faults within your specific environment

Your VM version needs to be updated and tested in a test environment - the errors you are seeing are probably due to some database issue caused by your "failed" upgrade - but that is anyones guess!

However - you need to upgrade before anyone is likely to give you a meaningful answer
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

VirtueMart 3.0.9.4 is over a year old and will not allow you to take orders with Joomla 3.5.1 - you must update to at least VM3.0.16, plus the 3.0.9.x series were test/development versions, so they could contain bugs.

You say your website "broke" but you don't say how. If you are using a commercial Joomla/VM template then it is possible that the template overrides need updating to work with current versions.

And please, no more than one question per forum post!  See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104795.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

xenofon

Hi,

Thank you both for the quick response, yes i am using a template with core overrides. Anyway, that is not the point, i will try to upgrade Virtuemart once again to the last version to see how will behave now, maybe i made something wrong the previous time.

Sorry for the 3 topics i mentioned, i didn't know.

I will reply soon after upgrading to tell if everything is ok.

Regards,
Xenofon Kaloudis

GJC Web Design

could be your over rides

emails are templated by components\com_virtuemart\views\invoice\tmpl\mail_html.php and the child mail_html_xxxx.php files
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

xenofon

Hi again,

I updated Virtuemart and things are not gone well.

First of all let's find out why in my product pages, when you visit a specific product and you see the description etc my thumb scroller down selected image area view dissapeared! See the attachment and think that there was thumbs of other pictures of the product before.

P.S. Emails and order section never fixed, but hope that we will find out after that one here.

Regards,
Xenofon Kaloudis

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

xenofon

Hi,

Yes it's my template, what am i supposed to do now ?

Regards,
Xenofon Kaloudis

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

xenofon

Ok, thank you for all the tips you gave me,

I will try to find a solution here and fix the template.

Can we just fix my "step 3" that i mentioned at my first post above that is nothing has to do with template ? I want the "Confirmed by shopper" & "Confirmed" email that shopper receives to say "Hi, Fullname". I have seen that adjustment again to email that comes from virtuemart eshops. How is it possible ?

Thank you.

jenkinhill

For that edit & override /components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/mail_html_header.php
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

xenofon

Hi,

Ok, can you be more specific ?
What is the code that i must change or to edit for constant "COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SHOPPER_NAME" ?

When i give that constant into the search field into Override section oof Joomla it gives me ->  Γειά σου %1$s,  -> Is it right ?

xenofon

Hi,

Can you tell me please exactly what do i have to change to mail_html_header.php to have the shopper  fullname where it  says "Hi," ? I want to change it to "Hi, (shopper_fullname) ??

Thank you.