News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Bug in product description editor Conflicts with custom field editor! Urgent!

Started by poisom, June 17, 2015, 21:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poisom

Hello,
i have found a really annoying bug in backend when i create a new product and i need your help to fix it and implement the fix in the following virtuemart releases.

My setup is:
Joomla 3.4.1 Multilingual (English + Greek)
Virtuemart 3.0.9.4

To replicate the Bug now...
I create a new product and i give the product description in first language, lets say "Product Descriprion English"  and i hit Save.
Then i swap the language from the selector and i change it into Greek language and i fill the greek product description with "Product Descriprion Greek" and i hit Save.
After i go to custom fields and i add the custom field, named Editor features, and i fill it lets say with "Custom Field Data" and i hit save.
Till now everything is correct.
Now when i go back to tab Product Description and i switch to Greek language then the content of the Greek Product Description displayed in the editor custom field with name "Editor features" insteed of "Custom Field Data" and in the Greek Product Description Field it saws the "Product Descriprion English" insteed of "Product Descriprion Greek".
If i hit save the data also saved in database and i lost everything. If i don't hit save and skip it i still see the wrong data "Product Descriprion Greek" insteed of "Custom Field Data" but in front end everything is ok.

My bad fix
Because it is very Urgent to fix it for me i went into /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/views/product/product_edit_description.php
and i change the line 28 from
<?php echo $this->editor->display('product_desc',  $this->product->product_desc'100%;''550''75''20', array('pagebreak''readmore') ) ; ?>
into
<textarea class="inputbox" name="product_desc" id="product_desc" cols="600" rows="10" ><?php echo $this->product->product_desc?></textarea>
with this way i use textarea in product description insteed of Editor in order to prevent the Bug!!!

Please help me!
Joomla 3.4.1 - Virtuemart 3.0.9.4

Studio 42

Hi,
I had same sort of issue in vm 3.0.9, i was thinking this is solved now.

The  time this get fixed, You can use  my batch tool here :
http://shop.st42.fr/en/products/vm-be-pro-batch-product-edit.htm,
This can edit product description with any Joomla editor(in any languages).

Greets,
Patrick

poisom

Thank you Studio for your reply!
Can any virtuemart dev also respond please?

poisom

no its not the same bug.
As i said also in my first post my Virtuemart is 3.0.9.4 and the bug is there.
And its really annoying! Still waiting for a virtuemart dev response!

Studio 42

HI,
Do you use standard custom fields or a plugin or the editor type?
Have you try other custom fields(especially if you use a plugin this can conflict with vm javascript)?

If you try all this, then it's a core bug

poisom

Hello again and thank you for your reply!
i use the editor type custom field.
Yes i believe the same, its a core bug!

Studio 42

Now the team know, that the problem come from editor customfields,
This is really faster to solve as searching the origin of the bug, and can certainly be replicated if only the editor type have the problem.
This is certainly a javascript bug.

Do you use standard Joomla editor?
Have you the bug when you add a new editor field or only after or always ?
Is the bug only in vm 3.9.4(if you tested it before)?

poisom

The bug comes up with any editor i use, even the codemirror.
No, the bug appears when i add the editor field. Without the editor custom field everything works great.
i am not 100% sure if the bug is only in the new 3.0.9.4 or in the previous also, because i upgrade from 3.0.9 into the 3.0.9.4 and then i create the editor custom field.

baggiesmad

I've recently updated Joomla to the latest release and noticed the editor on Custom fields is no longer loading? I get a text area with all the html/styling. Anyone have any fixes?