News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

SEO Hack

Started by marvays, December 02, 2020, 15:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marvays

Hi.
I deal with seo on the sales page. I use Custom Filter PRO + JoomSEF. I'm creating SEO friedly filtering. I can provide a unique meta title, meta description, sef url, index, follow for the selected filter.

I need to make sure that the filter text is added to the page after the category name. I discussed with the manufacturer and the only option is to find a handy person who will create a plugin for it.

Is there anyone here who can create it for a reasonable price?

Sample here: https://vybaveniprovozu.cz/lanove-navijaky

jjk

I'm just wondering if your wish makes sense from the SEO point of view. Normally Google would just index the canonical category or product url and ignore additional urls pointing to the same page.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

marvays

I want to do this so that the filtered page will not be canonical. It will be unique. According to the keyword analysis, I will do only those long tail search terms. That's why I want to change the name to make the page more and more unique.

marvays

I tried to contact the manufacturer of the filtering component, but it doesn't respond. Probably not interested in listening to feedback and improving. . .

marvays

This is what redirecting a non-sef url filter to a sef url in JoomSEF - a plugin for Virtuemart looks like. If someone could add another field like the Filter Title, or even a category description and replace what is in the category with it, it would be great.

So the copywriter invents a unique category name and a unique category description, and as soon as this sef url is displayed, these parameters will overwrite what I have for the category set in Virtuemart. A simple idea. Someone just has to program it. :)

AH

Maybe if someone wants it so much, someone might have to pay a programmer to do it.

If the filtering component people are not interested it gives you a big hint as to their understanding of the benefit to others but yourself
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

marvays

Quote from: AH on December 20, 2020, 10:18:45 AM
If the filtering component people are not interested it gives you a big hint as to their understanding of the benefit to others but yourself
I have a different opinion. People don't know that they should be interested. There are a lot of programmers and designers who know only a basic minimum about SEO. . . thank God :)

marvays

Quote from: AH on December 20, 2020, 10:18:45 AM
Maybe if someone wants it so much, someone might have to pay a programmer to do it.

Quote from: marvays on December 02, 2020, 15:53:57 PM
Is there anyone here who can create it for a reasonable price?

pinochico

Are you still solving this marginal problem?

This is an extension from the Artio company, there is no need to look for developers here, you need to order modifications from them
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

balai

@marvays

I already explained in your ticket that what you are trying to do is totally pointless.
Either you are not reading my replies or you don't understand them.

I tried to contact the manufacturer of the filtering component, but it doesn't respond. Probably not interested in listening to feedback and improving. . .

Stating that i am not responding or not interested is far from the truth and also defaming for me.
Also seem that you are totally uninformed of SEO, but despite that, you insist that your view is an improvement while mine is a luck of interest.
Well it is not.

I clearly explained that what you are trying to do is a waste of money and time.
Despite my advice, you prefer that way.

1. All the results pages have a canonical tag.

In simple words that means that those pages will never get indexed by Google.
Instead their canonical reference will be indexed.

2. You were aiming at indexing every single results page generated by the filters combination . For that reason you wanted to add more keywords (than the category), in the results header (H1 in your case).

This will create nothing more than several pages with duplicate content and what you think as improvement, will result in penalizing your site by Google.
https://developers.google.com/search/docs/advanced/guidelines/duplicate-content

This is why the canonical tag points always to the category page, no matter the selected filters.
Google suggests adding canonicals when a content is filtered down.
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/9340054?hl=en

Needless to mention that the generated title can become extremely long and uncomprehending for your users.
There is a tag/breadcurmbs module in our package that shows the selections, for that purpose.

3. The page's title and meta-tags are being updated by Custom Filters, based on the page's search, category, manufacturer.

4. You are using a "SEO" extension that ruins your filtering URLs, overrides SEO features by the installed extensions and worsens your site's performance.

If you want your results pages to get indexed, the best option is to change the canonical to point to com_customfilters instead of com_virtuemart but should still point to the category only url.

AH

Balai

Thanks for your response
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

pinochico

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products