News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Can't create new products - all previous solutions tried and failed

Started by FUSCHA, July 16, 2016, 21:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUSCHA

Hello,

I hope you can help me out. I finally landed a great opportunity and need to update my site but now i can't add products. I have tried re-installing virtuemart & Virtuemart AIO, editing the product-price.php in the virtuemart folder, and even reinstalled Joomla.

Nothing has worked. The template I am using does not allow for a Joomla update past 2.5.22 and my virtuemart is 2.6.6. I am using a Linux server/PHP with Godaddy as a host.

I did try debugging to element in google and saw it's a dead link. Any help ASAP is GREATLY EXTREMELY MOST APPRECIATED!

This site is going out to 26,000 industry professionals in 10 days.... :o

StefanSTS

Would not send out such an old page with security vulnerabilities to 10.000 business professionals.

Ask somebody to rebuild your site with a fresh Joomla/VM installation and a new template.

If you just wanted to fool somebody to a reaction, yeah, you got me.

Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

jenkinhill

I would add that for Pros the choice of GoDaddy does not look good....
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

FUSCHA

I actually just up this site this year. I purchased the template and have been working for joomla for years but i recently was hacked so I am in the process of updating to the new virtuemart and Joomla package. Any suggestions in whom i should be using to host my joomla site?

BTW fixed initial problem...

FUSCHA

Okay,

I contacted the template owners for updated PHP files - I am getting these errors because PHP files are out of date - the template is giving off deprecated errors on these lines:

$IE6 = (ereg('MSIE 6',$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']) ? true : false;
$IE7 = (ereg('MSIE 7',$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'])) ? true : false;
$IE8 = (ereg('MSIE 8',$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'])) ? true : false;
$IE9 = (ereg('MSIE 9',$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'])) ? true : false;
$IE10 = (ereg('MSIE 10',$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'])) ? true : false;

I know need to replace ereg tags with preg_match but not sure where?

jenkinhill

That is not a VirtueMart issue. I suggest you ask on the Joomla forum.

VM site development is best done by building a working site using the Protostar template with current Joomla & VM versions and your products. Then change template if you wish. If something stops working at that point then you know it is template related.

As for hosting, some have reported here that Bluehost is OK, but for over 10 years I have used United Hosting and have no intention of using anything else.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

FUSCHA

Your right. I have an outdated template. So thanks to everyone's comments I am doing 3 things:

Changing the template
updating both joomla and virtuemart
changing hosting sites.

I am looking at site ground right now.