TCPDF ERROR: Unable to get the size of the image after upgrade to VM 3.0.16

Started by misterpo, July 01, 2016, 14:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misterpo

Hi,

I get the TCPDF ERROR: [Image] Unable to get the size of the image error message after upgrading to VM 3.0.16 when trying to view orders.

Big impact for my customer.

I have read many posts about this topic but didn't find any suitable solution. I have tried to change the vendor's image with a jpg file (instead of a png), deactivate and reactivate the shipping and payment plugins... no success.

Please urgently help, customer really angry :-(

misterpo

Hi,

I have finally found that VM 3.0.16 was not a stable release though it's been anounced in the Joomla updates...

I had to revert to VM 3.0.14 and apply the patch here (https://www.rupostel.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1403&sid=adbe0f8276c30cc2ec657bb235e310bd).

Really not a serious job :-(

jenkinhill

3.0.16 is stable in most circumstances, the issues with Joomla 3.5.1 email changes have been extensively discussed - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=133760.0

But nobody else has reported a TCPDF issue with that version. Did you install the tcpdf version included in the VM3.0.16 package, com_virtuemart.3.0.16_extract_first.zip ?

VM 3.0.17.2 is now available for testing, a pre-release version for 3.0.18
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dimi2013

Misterpo,
I know you said you reverted to an older version but I had the exact same problem no matter what I did, .jpg or not. It was even stopping invoices from being generated and emailed along w/the notification after a sale. I removed the image completely, went to  Shop  >> Payment Methods and clicked on Payment method by. Then in the Payment Method Information tab, in the Payment Name field I entered the below CSS. Guess what? Instant fix. Try it out and see if it works out for you.

Payment method by <span style="font: 23px/18px sans-serif; color:#2997d8; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">PayPal</span>

The pict is the frontend view.