News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

add search field / search box

Started by buzzbored, June 29, 2016, 22:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbored

hello, on a page displaying all products there is Browse-view, ordeby-displaynumber, vm-order-list classes. This shows a sort by and manufacturer select options. I would like to know if you can add a regular search bar to search for a specific product there.
Joomla 3.5.1, VM 3.0.16, PHP 5.4.x

jenkinhill

You mean like the VM - Search in Shop module? It does have configuration options.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Please try the new vm3.0.17.2, which is our current release candidate.

There is a new option for the search. We will remove "virtuemart" view and it will be completly replaced by the category view. The category view has now a new option "show search".

When enabled, you see the normal vm search field. But you can now also activate the "searchable" parameter in a custom "String" ("/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=custom"). So you get a dropdown if in your category is a product using customfields based on that custom.

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

gap

Quote from: Milbo on June 30, 2016, 10:24:53 AM
Please try the new vm3.0.17.2, which is our current release candidate.

There is a new option for the search. We will remove "virtuemart" view and it will be completly replaced by the category view. The category view has now a new option "show search".

When enabled, you see the normal vm search field. But you can now also activate the "searchable" parameter in a custom "String" ("/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=custom"). So you get a dropdown if in your category is a product using customfields based on that custom.

Hello Milbo,

Please tell me where to turn off the search field in the category view.
Turning off the VM search module hasn't got any effect.

thanks,
Gap

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

gap

Thanks for the quick reply!
I found an xml for the category view where the search option default was 1 and I thought it can be adjusted from the admin surface what I cannot find.

Ghost

Create a menu item with VirtueMart -> Category Layout item type and set "Show search" option.