News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Confirm Order not going to PayPal

Started by dazbusby, June 29, 2016, 00:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazbusby

Hi all.
I have installed VM3.0.12 on Joomla 3.5.1 and after selecting products and shipping details, when I hit Confirm Order it just takes me back to the same page with 'Your basket has been updated' at the top rather than taking me through to paypal.
Paypal is auto selected and correctly configured as far as I can see.
I used to use VM2 and that always worked absolutely fine but im struggling with the v3 of the software.

Any advice greatly appreciated. You can check out the site (and its none paypal forwarding at trevstackleireland.ie

Thanks
Daz

Jörgen

Joomla 3.5.1 should be used with Vm 3.0.16.
Plenty if posts about this.

Regards

Jörgen @ kreativ fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

dazbusby

Thanks guys,

I did see some posts about upgrading but for some reason didn't put two and two together, was a long day!

dazbusby

Ok, so I have updated everything to .16 and checked all settings, the paypal plugin is enabled and configuration is set as looks correct.
Still when I hit Confirm Purchase, it takes me straight back to the same page (The Cart step 4) and just says your cart has been updated?

I really cant see anything wrong with how its all configured, am I missing something blatantly obvious

Jörgen

Turn off all overrides.

Regards

Jörgen @ kreativ fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

dazbusby

Hi,
I have no overrides, there are no changes to the software at all.
I have also turned off everything in Config/checkout (except paypal) just to test and it still wont move further than 'Confirm Purchase'

Any further advise greatly appreciated.

Daz

jenkinhill

Can you try another payment plugin, eg configure the VM Payment Standrad as Cash on delivery to see if the issue is avctually with the PP plugin?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

dazbusby

I unpublished the Paypal plugin and used the standard plugin and now the button on the cart doesnt say Confirm Purchase it says Check Out Now.
However, when I click on it, I just get taken back to the same page as it previously did with the paypal plugin.

Daz

dazbusby

Anyone got any further advice please?

GJC Web Design

have you a menu item pointing to the cart?
turn off invoice creation?
checked logs for errors?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

dazbusby

The template I am using is a virtuemart based template from energizethemes so it already has a link on the main menu for the Cart (Top right of site).
I cant find where to turn off invoice creation and all logs look fine, the only errors are the usual spam 'wrong username/password' login attempts.

Any further things I can try please as i'm pulling my hair out now, this is the first time I have come across this issue whilst using Virtuemart!?

D

dazbusby

Ok, this now seems to be working.
The only things I have changed are as follows:
I have disabled a 3rd party recaptcha plugin I had on my site and have disabled SSL in the config.

Now my orders redirect successfully

Thanks for everyones input on this, much appreciated.

D

tomphillipspcs

I have this issue as well - with an energise themse template.

I've not fixed it yet (using protostar for checkout) - where you suffering from a script conflict?