News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

how to publish a product?

Started by simon, June 30, 2004, 22:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simon

I might be really thick, but i am just getting into this great tool and have added a product (which is set to a product category), but in the list of products i have in the system it shows it as unpublished.  There seems to be no way of selecting it and publishing it.

How is this done, i been looking all over and the help section doesn't mention publishing the products.

also, if i want to add products to the front page, do i need to install some of the phpshop components available in the downloads section?  I want to have things like random special offers are shown on the front page.

cheers,
simon.

Soeren

You'll find a lot of modules for displaying products on your Mambo site...just take a look into \"Additional Mambo modules\". You must know, that modules are the sideblocks (like \"Inbox\" or \"Main Menu\" on this site) and components are fully functional applications (The forum, the shop, the guestbook). So you don't need another component to enhance the shop, but modules.

Products are published by simply checking \"Publish?\" in the product form, tab 2. Just click the checkbox and save....

ciao, soeren
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net