News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Pricing seemingly wonky logic

Started by prokops, June 23, 2016, 14:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prokops

Hi!

I have 3 languages going: EN, SE & NO

This particular product has a limited time discount. This works great in SE and NO, but it fails in EN.

In SE & NO, the discount is properly displayed and reacts to changes. Price = 44.8 € - overrided to 250DKK

In EN the discount is altogether disregarded. The product in EN reacts only to non-discount price changes. Price = 60€ no override.

How can there be difference across localization for the same product & price structure? Can anyone share a thought before I go deeper into this.

Cheers,

Studio 42

I think, it's perhaps because you have a mix of Euro and DDK.
Try to have only Euro for eg. in your prices

prokops

Hi Studio42

The shop default currency is DKK. For avoiding having a mix of currencies on the product screen, I turned the base price to DKK, as base price, final price and override price cannot be set in any other currency. The problem was then resolved as you suggested. It is still to be considered a bug.

What we would love and have missed for some time, is true localized currencies: the ability to set the price in each individual language. Would that be on the development horizon?

cheers,

Milbo

Quote from: prokops on June 25, 2016, 12:23:35 PMFor avoiding having a mix of currencies on the product screen,
the product currency has nothing todo with the displayed currency.

Currencies and languages correlate very rare. There is already an hidden option to use different prices by different selected currency, which is selected by country.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member