Custom date (user)field not showing in cart view and orders view

Started by The Yellow Fellow, June 21, 2016, 14:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Yellow Fellow

I have created several user input fields, some text fields for remarks and some date fields. In the cart (frontend) and in the order details (backend) the remarks are visible, but the dates the user chose are not.
I can see they're saved when I examine the virtuemart_orders table in the database, but they don't show up for the shop administrator.
What can I do?
(versions: J3.5.1 / VM3.0.16)

GJC Web Design

Quotebut they don't show up for the shop administrator

where don't they show?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

The Yellow Fellow

Studio 42

The Yellow Fellow

I'm not aware of the possibility to enable or disable showing certain types of Custom (user input) fields in the Order details view (in the backend).
(But i'd like to know where it is...)

Studio 42

I mean in the cart view.
You can disable or enable fields by views, this can change how it's displayed in order view.
Note : if you have same setting as other fields(remarks) forgot what i wrote and this can be then a potential bug.

The Yellow Fellow

Yes I do have the same settings as (for instance) a Customer input field.

Malex

Hello, i have the same problem, custom date field enabled, Cart Attribute and Cart Input enabled, but in product view, when selecting a date and ordering, not showing in cart view.

Joomla 3.6.0
VirtueMart 3.0.14            

Studio 42

Hi, perhaps, it's solved in new release?
Can you update Joomla + Virtuemart on a test server ?
Note : 3.0.14 do not work properly with Joomla 3.6.0, if you don't applied the VM patch for emails

The Yellow Fellow

Hmm I'm using VM 3.0.16, but the latest version in the VM download site is 3.0.14 ?! So updating will be difficult I think...
And what is this VM patch for emails you're talking about? I did update Joomla in the mean time, by the way.

Malex

Thank's for your reply, but no, i've installed new 3.0.17.4 version with Joomla 6.0, no change ...
:'(

Malex

Quote from: The Yellow Fellow on August 03, 2016, 13:16:44 PM
Hmm I'm using VM 3.0.16, but the latest version in the VM download site is 3.0.14 ?! So updating will be difficult I think...
And what is this VM patch for emails you're talking about? I did update Joomla in the mean time, by the way.

You cand find files here : http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

regards

The Yellow Fellow

I updated to Joomla 3.6.2 and VM 3.0.17.4 and created a new date custom field, added it to an article, ordered it, but still no date shows up in Cart view (frontend) or Orders view (backend).
The date does appear in the database though...

lavoro83

I have this problem too.
I use Joomla! 3.6.0    and VirtueMart 3.0.18.

I have created Custom Field Type: Date with settings  Cart Attribute and Cart Input set to Yes.  In this case a calendar is shown in frontend and when the client chooses a date (es.Arrival Date) it's not shown neather in the cart nor in the order information.

If I change the settings to Cart Attribute - Yes and Cart Input - No than in the frontend the calendar is gone and automatically is shown today's date. In this case this date (today's date) is shown in the cart and order details.

How I can set this custom filed to work that the client chooses by himself the arrival date and this date is shown in the cart and order details???

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0