Custom date (user)field not showing in cart view and orders view

Started by The Yellow Fellow, June 21, 2016, 14:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recusant

Looks like I have the same issue.  When I create a custom field of type date, it shows up OK on the front end and you can select a date from the calendar but when you go to the cart neither the label ("arrival date") nor the date entered shows up. There's no label or date stored in the order in the admin and no label or date in the email. The data, however, is being stored in the virtuemart_order_items table in the product_attribute field. It would be great to get it working because the datepicker makes all the difference when it comes to different date formats being entered in a plain-text input.

Has anyone had any success using custom field of type:date on VM 3.0.16 or later?

This is on VirtueMart 3.0.18 running on Joomla! 3.6.5
PHP 5.4.38

Been at it too long... I'm now struggling to get the sum right in the wee captcha - lol
Soon be Christmas  :)

Studio 42

Hi all,
I wrote this week a datepicker plugin.
It as many feature, as disable dates, start/end dates .... so you can use it for many situation.
The inputed date validity is controlled and you can choose if date is mandatory or not.
Here a screen shot with some options active :

More details http://shop.st42.fr/en/products/date-for-cart-with-picker.htm
Patrick

AH

Hi @42

Nice plugin!

Not sure if your datepicker has this functionality (after reading your product description)

It might be useful for many users if it had:-

Non-selectable Holiday dates (d/m)
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Studio 42

Quote from: AH on January 10, 2017, 09:47:12 AM
Hi @42

Nice plugin!

Not sure if your datepicker has this functionality (after reading your product description)

It might be useful for many users if it had:-

Non-selectable Holiday dates (d/m)
You can add it manually in the product edit(using the datepicker or using the input field) this are mysql formated with comma separator, so It's pretty simple to add.
Perhaps i can add this option in the general customfield settings too if some user request the feature.