News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Sub Categories no longer displaying

Started by Brockney, June 17, 2016, 23:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brockney

Hi,

I am using Joomla 3.5.1 and 3.0.14

I began building a site in April. Categories and Sub Categories were fine and worked correctly.

After a weeks holiday things have been rather strange.

New parent categories sometimes display, sometimes they don't, sometimes they feed through then disappear again.

Sub categories sometimes appear, sometimes they don't.

There is no obvious logic as to what is happening and the category layout in the back end appears to be fine.

Has anything changed in recent weeks or is everything normal for everybody?

I have sent screenshots of the back end and two categories on the front end.

Categories set up before the middle of May are still ok.
Joomla 3.6.4
Virtuemart 3.0.18

jenkinhill

What you are describing does not make sense. So you did nothing in the interim? When did you update Joomla to 3.5.1? If you did so then you should also have updated VirtueMart to 3.0.16
http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/1000/com_virtuemart.3.0.16_extract_first.zip
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Brockney

Thank you.

I got the com_virtuemart.3.0.17_extract_first download today.

To be honest I would be happy to actually uninstall and add the categories & products again from the start.

Yes, it made little sense to me too!

I am also getting strange things happening with child products.

If I add multi variants sometimes they work just fine then other times they point to completely unrelated products!

Joomla 3.6.4
Virtuemart 3.0.18

Brockney

Just to add, the screenshots are from test sub categories I added to show what I mean on this post
Joomla 3.6.4
Virtuemart 3.0.18

Brockney

I sent this to my hosting provider who are also looking into it

There are quite a few errors occurring, I have sent you an example of one I just encountered.

The screenshots show I clicked on a product and selected a multi variant which displayed fine

I then selected a different colour and the search box became blank and the page didn't change.

I left the category and re-entered. When selecting a blue variant a completely different product displayed this time!

After going back and forth to the home page a few times all the multi variant then displayed as I would expect them to.
I am getting these errors on some but not all of the products I'm adding to the site.

I am also no longer able to add sub categories. When I do they are shown in the category tree at the back end but do not display on the site
Please take a look at brockneysbaseline.website

Admittedly I am in relatively early stages but I was doing this without too much problems in May.

Trying to work out if I am at fault or if it is a technical issue

Screen shots attached

Help! ;)
Joomla 3.6.4
Virtuemart 3.0.18

jenkinhill

VM 3.0.17 is a test/development version. If testing this then you should use the latest build from SVN.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Brockney

Thanks for the advice on that. I'm still using 3.0.14, if I update I will just use 3.0.16 then

Would these problems happen because I haven't updated yet?
Joomla 3.6.4
Virtuemart 3.0.18