News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

CheckOut Button after adding product to cart

Started by urzh12, June 16, 2016, 03:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

urzh12

I want to add the "checkout button" once after I add a product to my cart.

Behavior: Click on Menu item to linked product -> Add to cart -> Popup shows options "continue shopping" and "show cart". I want to add a 3rd button for "checkout now".

The show cart is misleading as to just check whats in your cart, even though there is a checkout option presented when you click show cart. I want users to be able to checkout immediately upon adding an item to a cart.

jenkinhill

Make an override for components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/padded.php with a link to the page you want to use for checkout.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

urzh12

Thank you for the reply.

Screenshot is attached - I want to add a 3rd button for checkout. Can you tell me the override please? Also attached my padded file

MagikCommerce

Hello urzh12,

You need to create html for checkout button with form in your expected file (e.g. /templates/selected_template/html/com_virtuemart/cart/padded.php) as given follow.

<?php
if (!class_exists('VirtueMartCart')) require(VMPATH_SITE DS 'helpers' DS 'cart.php');
$cart VirtueMartCart::getCart();

if (
$cart->getDataValidated()) {
if($cart->_inConfirm){

$text vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CANCEL_CONFIRM');
$checkout_task 'cancel';
} else {

$text vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_CONFIRM_MNU');
$checkout_task 'confirm';
}
} else {

$text vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_CHECKOUT_TITLE');
$checkout_task 'checkout';
}

$dynUpdate '';
if( VmConfig::get('oncheckout_ajax',false)) {
$dynUpdate=' data-dynamic-update="1" ';
}
$taskRoute '';
?>

<form method="post" id="checkoutForm" name="checkoutForm" action="<?php echo JRoute::('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart' $taskRoute$this->useXHTML$this->useSSL); ?>">
            <?php
              echo '<br /><button type="submit" id="checkoutFormSubmit" name="'.$checkout_task.'" value="1" class="vm-button-correct" '.$dynUpdate.'><span>' . $text . '</span> </button>';
           ?>

<input type='hidden' name='order_language' value='<?php echo $this->order_language?>'/>
<input type='hidden' name='task' value='updatecart'/>
<input type='hidden' name='option' value='com_virtuemart'/>
<input type='hidden' name='view' value='cart'/>
</form>

Enjoy Virtuemart !  EnJoy MagikCommerce!

Regards,
MagikCommerce

urzh12

Hello!

This worked GREAT! I added <center> attribute so button aligned. See attached. Thanks so much!