News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

specification plugin vm3

Started by sorema, June 13, 2016, 06:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sorema

hi all , i'm running vm3.0.14 and j3.5.1 .
i need to add to each product a list of features just like the attached pic in the tab "additional info"
i found out the specification plugin but..it does not seam to work as it does not store anything in the database. i already found a topic about this from over 1y ago but it does not seem to come to a solution for this problem.
can anybody help please? or at least tell me if is another solution available , even paid..
thank you
Serena

Jörgen

Hello Serena

This could be done by simply adding custom fields of type string. You can even make strings with "fixed" choices like sizes "S;M;L;XL;XXL;". These can be displayed as your image shows. These custom foelds can also be used to filter out searches, using breakdesigns Custom Filter.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

sorema

yes but i should create 1 custom field for each custom properties, the risk is missing some or to not show out if some are missing , useful for comparison. this is why i thought that having a working specification plugin with maybe 6 fields to be filled each time it could be faster for me and eye catching for customers... does it not exist right now?

Ghost

Create a root product and derive other products from it or add custom fields to custom group.

Jörgen

Hello

There is the possibility to group the together. I You add the Group you will get all added at the same time. There is a small Catch with this. If You have two different groups and You want for example size to be part of both this is not possible. But once added You can add or subtract any number of custom fields.
The eye catching part I don´t understand, please explain  what You mean. Imho both solutions can be displayed equally eye catching.

As Ghost sais products used as templates is Another way to do it.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

sorema

how can i create a group? i can't find a tutorial. i got this page
http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Product_custom_fields_without_stock_control

but i do not find the "parent " option when creating a new field.
thank you

sorema