News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM 3 template accessiblility ready according to WCAG 2.0

Started by gba, June 09, 2016, 16:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gba

Hi all!

I am wondering, whether there exist VM 3 templates, which are accessiblility ready according to WCAG 2.0 (https://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-WCAG20-20081211/).
Does anyone know of such templates existing or being in work process?

Kind regards,
Gerald

Studio 42

Boostrap 3, follow some rules and some Joomla template framework use bootstrap 3 as base.
Too meet WGA colors Contrast , you need to do it yourself, because most time, this give poor result on design.
Here some more info about bootstrap 3 and WGA and the accessible javascript plugin(done by paypal) : https://www.sitepoint.com/making-bootstrap-accessible/.
I worked a little with a french (Frédéric Chamsseddine) to do VM full accessible in 2012, but i had no news from him after, so currently, i think accessibility is not priority in Virtuemart but some implementation are here.
I use myself a simple trick, on demand to go to main content <a class="textreader" href="#main" title="Go to content">Main content</a> for eg.
Implementation is not very complicate, but need many work.

Thanos

Hi guys, anyone resolve this topic over the years please? Thank you.

Studio 42

You have to modify a template to do it accessible.
Perhaps a template exist, but it's hard to implement all accessibility guidelines

pinochico

QuoteHi guys, anyone resolve this topic over the years please? Thank you.

You can make self and share solution there.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products