News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Problems updating from 3.0.9

Started by austega, June 09, 2016, 04:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

austega

I am having problems updating from VM3.0.9 on a J3.4.8/PHP 5.4.45 test site, test.sag.org.au . I have tried both updating direct to 3.0.17 and, after recreating the test site, to 3.0.10 with similar though not identical results.

I have attached a blow by blow record of my troubleshooting - I've recorded the error messages and database warnings etc that others may be able to interpret more usefully than I could. I have searched the forum and found some similar but apparently not identical issue reports. Did do the VM Tools | Install/update tables.

We have been using VM for several years and this upgrade issue has floored me. Guidance on the path forward would be well appreciated. Admin credentials available via PM if requested.

David

GJC Web Design

When I run into problems like this (and I have seen table problems with upgrades) I just alter the mentioned tables manually to what they should be

To find out what they should be just install a fresh VM and look at the standard tables

Table names etc can get "out of date" on sites that have had a few upgrades esp. as 3.0.9 is a test version.. as is 3.0.17 ..
all odd numbered are intended for experienced users..  3.0.18 should be out soon
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

austega

Thanks GJC.

I installed VM3.0.10 without errors on another site (J2.5.19/PHP 5.3.29) in order to be able to reference the correct VM table structure.

You might remember the warning/error message I received when updating test.sag.org.au (J3.4.8/PHP5.4.45) VM core from 3.0.9 to 3.0.10.

QuoteWarning
Duplicate column name 'product_price_publish_up' SQL=ALTER TABLE `sag13_virtuemart_product_prices` CHANGE COLUMN `product_price_vdate` `product_price_publish_up` DATETIME NULL DEFAULT NULL AFTER `product_currency`

Error
Error installing component

Comparing the virtuemart_product_prices table with the newly installed version I did not find any duplicate column name product_price_publish_up but I did find that the test.sag.org.au table had two additional columns at the start of the table named product_price_vdate and product_price_edate which contained a mix of zeros and NULL values. I deleted these two columns in phpMyAdmin and then reran a guest test transaction and received the same message as before, vis:

QuoteRestricted access!COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_ORDER_NOTFOUND
Thank you - your order has now reached payment stage
Your order has been processed.

with the order showing as Pending ie unpaid and with no invoice email etc. The transaction is not redirected to any selected online payment gateway, in our case eWay. Clicking on one of these orders' number in the backend order list shows the order but with "Warning 500" at the top left.

The above was all done using a Chrome browser on a Win 10 64 bit laptop, with my being logged in as super admin in another browser tab. I repeated the front end guest test transaction in Firefox on the same laptop with the same result. I then repeated the front end test on my Android phone with the same result.

At present I am not sure whether this is still a database table/update issue or really a permissions issue. I have searched the forum for "Restricted access!COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_ORDER_NOTFOUND" and found a small number of older messages.

I think my tests in the para above have checked that this is not related to my also being logged in as a superadmin in a backend tab. I also tried editing my email address in case vm had linked the order to the user that uses this email address. There are no virtuemart menu items that are not Public.

Then I tried logging in as a registered user before doing a shopping test and in that use case the order proceed without any error message. However most of our transactions are guest transactions so that does not solve our problem. In case it is relevant the VM | Configuration | Checkout settings are and have been to have One Page Checkout enabled and both "On checkout, ask for registration" and "Only registered users can checkout" unchecked.

I would love some further thoughts from GJC/other readers.

GJC Web Design

why VM3.0.10?

vm3.0.16 is the latest current stable ..
GJC Web Design
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component

austega

I thought starting with 3.0.10 would be the least risky step to getting back to a stable upgrade path.

GJC Web Design

No - 3.0.16 is the current stable
GJC Web Design

austega

Well I do not really understand why, but I want to report back that updating our test site from 3.0.10 (with the issues reported above) to 3.0.16 happened cleanly (reporting many table updates but no issues), and initial testing at least shows no problems with our (test) shop. So happy if not quite improved in understanding.

Thanks GJC for your time and guidance.