News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Category and product image problem after moving website host

Started by chilichilibombom, June 04, 2016, 22:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chilichilibombom

Hello everybody!

I have a problem with categories which is driving me crazy.
I have 14 main categories.I created 11 of them before changing my host and then 3 of them after on a new host, 11 of them work correctly but 3 of them don't!
for example when I change category image, all the products in that category get the same picture!!
why when I change the category image , all the products get the same image or if I change one product image,  the 3 categories get that image!
I have about 650 products and I cannot create again all of them each by each! is there any way to get backup just from products and categories and nothing else?
In this case I can install a fresh joomla and virtuemart and import the products.I don't know how,maybe by selecting just some tables in  SQL!

chilichilibombom

chilichilibombom

I forgot to say that I'm using a template which I bought from yagendoo.com

jenkinhill

What do you mean by last version? It is usually different from the last version we wopuld use, so plese specify.

As you are using a commercial template you should test with Protostar.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jörgen

How did You solve the problem? Without an explanation this thread is useless and should IMHO be deleted.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

chilichilibombom

well actually I didn't solve it. The thing is i understood there's a problem somewhere that if I replace the image all the product in the category will get it. so I have to remove the image first, save it and again add the new picture, and one more thing when i do that it takes 5 minutes and after that you see the changes in the website!

GJC Web Design

If you make any changes that effect the category displays (i.e. the display of cats and their products) you must clear the joomla cache to see the changes immediately

this is even if u have no caching selected in the config!
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

chilichilibombom

chilichilibombom

Now there is no problem but one.I cannot change the order of my categories.in a way that I would like in the main page (front end) customers see some categories first.
Also I have a side menu in which i cannot change the order too! Is there a possibility to have some categories in English and the rest in Hungarian language by mistake? (my shop is all hungarian not 2 languages) I do change the orders but nothing happens!
how can I check which categories are not created in Hungarian language?
Many thanks again