News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Virtuemart RECURRING ORDERS AND PAYMENTS plugin

Started by toad78, June 02, 2016, 23:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toad78

I know there are many recurring payment plugins. I also know that those plugins only process one order and the recurring payments are controlled at the payment gateway. But I'm looking for a recurring ORDER and PAYMENT plugin. Some admins that use PayPal don't want to pay the extra monthly fee to PayPal just to receive recurring payment invoices/receipts. Instead I have an admin who wants VM to send the invoice/receipts, which is hard to do considering VM by default does not do that. It only makes ONE occurrence of the order and the payment gateway does the rest.

Therefore, I'm looking for two plugins (or one that does everything) that not only processes recurring payments but also creates the recurring order in VM so the admin receives the invoice/receipts.

Anyone have a suggestion?

LeeHuu

Hi toad78,

I'm also looking for a plugin for recurring orders. Have you solved this problem yet? If yes, can you share experiences?

Thx a lot

Andrew

Hi. Did you find a solution for this?
Thanks
Andrew

Robert_ITMan

I think I can see how this might be done.

If automatically creating orders / invoices each month you still need to collect / automate the payments which you can setup the subscription payments manually using your preferred payment gateway - or better yet I already have a customized payment plugin for PayPal PRO (imho - fees that are well worth the time savings) that automatically takes initial payment and/or sets up recurring payment(s) and allows customers to update their credit card info directly ... which can be further customized and improved by online-store.co.uk -- for example we also now have in our orders a list of all payments received for the order and links that allow us to suspend / re-activate / cancel with a click without having to login to PayPal ... and links when logged into PayPal that takes us directly to where we can edit the recurring payment and fully or partially refund any of the transactions... sweet!!

The tricky part will be if you want different amounts each month depending on certain criteria, for example if you wanted to charge a daily rate which changes depending on the number of days in a month - if this is the case we would need to also customize our payment gateway to edit the subscription amounts ... but I'm sure it can be done. And then how hard would it be to setup a monthly cron job to run a script that batch creates new orders (or duplicates orders) for certain criteria to populate the following 4 tables?

• #__virtuemart_orders
  • #__virtuemart_order_histories
  • #__virtuemart_order_items
  • #__virtuemart_order_userinfos
This morning I talked to a prospective customer asking me for this ... I will keep you posted here if we get this working.

Let me know if you are still interested and we can look into getting this working for your websites.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS
manage > develop > market > repeat

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com