[BUG][Product Images] Cannot create thumbnail and it has strange behavior

Started by thelordofweb, May 29, 2016, 14:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thelordofweb

Summary
There is something strange in the process of uploading product picture.
It does not generates a thumbnail when I upload a picture.
It adds as string "_product" many times at the end of unique filename.

Testing Instructions
You should use a picture with filename that contains dashes.

• Upload a picture. Sometime, the system does not generate thumbnail when I upload the picture for first time.
  • Upload same picture again.

I am attaching the picture that I use here. You can download and use it for tests.

VirtueMart and Joomla! versions
I use VirtueMart 3.0.16 and Joomla! 3.5.1

Jörgen

The product is added because the filename is NOT unique. Adding _product makes it unique. If not unique another _product is added and so on.
The thumbnail is not created until someone browses the product. I think this is stupid, but what Do I know. I think this was introduced in VM 3.0.12

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Milbo

Matter of ressources. Imagine upload and thumbnailing at the same time, a lot people would get timeouts. And as far as  I know, the thumbnails are created when you browse the media in BE.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Studio 42

Quote from: Jörgen on May 29, 2016, 16:34:23 PM
The product is added because the filename is NOT unique. Adding _product makes it unique. If not unique another _product is added and so on.
The thumbnail is not created until someone browses the product. I think this is stupid, but what Do I know. I think this was introduced in VM 3.0.12

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
+1

Milbo

Quote from: Milbo on May 30, 2016, 10:55:08 AM
And as far as  I know, the thumbnails are created when you browse the media in BE.
not? As far as I know, the "problem" exists more or less for synchronised medias.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member