News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

how to resolve parent stock = sum descendant

Started by BMWdejf, May 28, 2016, 16:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMWdejf

Hi all,

I need help you.

I have eshop in virtuemart 2.6.16.

The problem is that the parent product appears to me as "not in stock" but they are the descendants of "stock".

Is there any way to indicate that the stock if it is shown on a child product?

I need to somehow automate. This means that when a descendant sold out and is no longer in stock, so for parents objedví status "not in stock"

Thank you for any answers.

Milbo

that would be wrong. As long variants are in stock, the parent should be displayed. There are also different modes available in the config, you may play with it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

BMWdejf

Quote from: Milbo on May 28, 2016, 22:28:19 PM
that would be wrong. As long variants are in stock, the parent should be displayed. There are also different modes available in the config, you may play with it.

I'm soory, but I don't understand. Could you explain it in more detail?

Studio 42

In Virtuemart config, for add to cart, you have different modes, some are checking the child stock( or not). So you need to see what is the best for you.

lindapowers

I just tested a parent/child product and as long as there is a child with stock the parent displays "in stock". If we set all childs with stock 0 the parent shows "no stock" so that seems automated already.

This works for us in VM 3.0.14

The custom field of generic child variant we use it as:

display parent NO
parent ordeable NO

In VM config/ShopFront - Action when a Product is Out of Stock set "Displays 'Notify Me' instead of 'Add To Cart' button"