News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Thumbnails - (Default URL)

Started by Shimon Hirschhorn, May 23, 2016, 11:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shimon Hirschhorn

Hi,

I am having difficulties getting thumbnails to appear for some products.  I have been rooting around to try and understand what is the difference between products that will display thumbnails and those that won't.

I have followed the connections within the database and the information seems to be there, but there are some differences in the way the backend show things

I have checked and the thumbnails do exist in the public_html/images/stories/virtuemart/product/resized directory for both items.

The jos_virtuemart_medias..file_url_thumb field is empty for the items without thumbnails and some of the items that do show thumbnails.

However in the backend the items that do show the thumbnails the path starts with "(Default URL)" (eg   (Default URL) images/stories/virtuemart/product/resized/OH-TX-1_90x90.jpg ) and the items that do not display the thumbnail lack this prefix (eg images/stories/virtuemart/product/resized/OH-TR-1_90x90.jpg ).

Does anyone understand what is going on here and how can I fix this ?

Thanks in advance for any hints

jenkinhill

Are you referring to product image thumb or additional image thumbs? The additional thumbs are generated on the fly when a product details page is viewed (takes microseconds, so does not affect page load speed). After that they appear in the backend.  I assume youi are using VM3.0.16?

file_url_thumbis not used now. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=132128.msg462937#msg462937
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Shimon Hirschhorn

Kelvyn, Thanks for the reply. 

I am referring to the Product Thumbs.

I am using VM3.0.14.  When I click download on the VM site, that is the version that it downloads.
I assume that I should upgrade.    Where do I get 3.0.16?  Will it help with this ?

Ajeet Singh

Hi,

Actually In some virtuemart version you can get the thumbnail image using parameter "file_url_thumb" but in some virtuemart version you should not get . So i suggest you to find the parameter "file_url" . From that parameter you will get the full path of that thumbnail image like "images/stories/virtuemart/product/resized/OH-TX-1.jpg" the re-size that image using js or css according to your code line.

Thank You,

Ajeet Singh
Webkul Software pvt. Ltd.

jenkinhill

VM 3.0.16 is in http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

In the backend yopu should see something like in the attached image -
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Shimon Hirschhorn

That is what I see on the backend.

Except that on items that the thumbnail the (Default URL) is missing.  I  checked and the full sized image is in the images dir and the thumbnail is in the resized dir.

However the thumbnail does not appear on the site.

I went to the file repository and tried to download.  It wants me to login.  So I searched for register and registered to redmine.  I tried to login to download the file and its invalid.

( I really am not this big of a dunce)

jenkinhill

On one of the products without a displayed thumb try re-uploading the image on the product image tab, select Replace for the image action. Then see if the thumb appears.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Shimon Hirschhorn

Hitting replace once does not help.

I have looked at the jos_virtuemart_product_medias table and the entry is there. (32225,671,1) .  Hitting replace/save causes it to add an entry (0,671,1).

If I hit replace again I get a SQL error that the INSERT of (0,671,1) already exists.

I checked the jos_virtuemart_medias and media 671 is there with the correct file URL. ( no thumbnail URL, but you already told me that this is not used)

Shimon Hirschhorn

I upgraded to VM3.0.16  . (J!3.4.8)

The thumbnail issue is still there.  Other issues cropped up.

Any hints appreciated.

Jörgen

VM 3.0.16 should be used with Joomla 3.5.1. VM3.0.16 has been patched specially for Joomla 3.5.1.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Can you post the URL of a page with an image not showing?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Shimon Hirschhorn

Gladly !

http://www.proflixsales.com/products/converter/lynx-yellobrik-lc-single-optical-receiver-sfp-module-1260-1620nm

the sku is OH-RX-1-LC

In trying to find the problem I changed the image to  OHTR1.jpg
and the back end shows
images/stories/virtuemart/product/OHTR1.jpg     for the image and
(Default URL) images/stories/virtuemart/product/resized/OHTR1_90x90.jpg      for the thumb

When I search for the image via file manager the image is found. (see attached image)
But when I try and see the image via a browser I get a 404

Both images exist ?

BTW I have now upgraded from J3.4.8 to 3.5.1

So I am running J3.5.1  and VM3.0.16

Thanks for your help.

Shimon Hirschhorn

For some reason the image does not exist via the browser but it is there.

jenkinhill

Unfortunately that did not help except to show that it is the main image as well as the thumb that is not showing. How many actual image files do you have in the products and resized directories? Is there any difference in filename structure between images that show and those that don't?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Shimon Hirschhorn

I found out why the image was not showing from a browser.  The owner was ROOT.  I changed them all to user,user.

Then you can see the image via a browser.

I re-uploaded my CSVI product import.

So ......

http://www.proflixsales.com/products/converter/lynx-yellobrik-lc-single-optical-receiver-sfp-module-1260-1620nm
SKU = OH-RX-1-LC
Used URL = images/stories/virtuemart/product/OH-TR-1.jpg
Used thumb url = (Default URL) images/stories/virtuemart/product/resized/OH-TR-1_90x90.jpg

Deleted the Thumbnail.
VM recreated it.
Both the full sized and the thumb are visible from a browser.

virtuemart_product_id = 32225.
jos_virtuemart_product_medias has a record (92161,32225,21088,1)
jos_virtuemart_medias has a record (21088,......, images/stories/virtuemart/product/OH-TR-1.jpg )

other products with this image are not showing either.

There are about 21,000 images in products.