Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Dynamic auto thumbnail generation problem in VM 3.0.16

Started by silke, May 17, 2016, 16:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silke

Dear VM support team,

following the instrucions at
http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/templating-layouts/222-different-thumbnail-sizes.html
I have set the following options for the creation of automatic thumbnails:

"Enable Dynamic Thumbnail Resizing"  Ticked
"Thumbnail Image Width" = 0 (can be left to 0)
"Thumbnail Image Height" = 250 (set to the thumbnail size required)

Unfortunately this resulted in 90x90 pixels thumbnails instead of the expected Xx250 dimensions.
Changing the width back to 250 pixels did result in the expected 250x250 px, but that is not what I see as "dynamic".

Any ideas?

BR,
Silke

jenkinhill

There is not really a "support team". This is a peer to peer forum, most of the time you are being supported by fellow VirtueMart users giving up some of their free time.

The various image thumb sizes work OK for me with VM3.0.16

Did you check if the image thumb sizes are actually 90x90 or are being set to that by css?  RMB over the image and check the image info.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

silke

Dear Jenkin,

Thanks for the feedback and please excuse the late response (did forget to enable the thread notifications).

You are absolutely right, the 90x90 was resized - sorry for the mess.
And the image creation for 0x250 was in fact a variable width times 250px height.

I guess my expectation was just mislead:
My current setting of 250x250 results in an aspect-ratio perserving picture with the longer side being 250 pixels. - this is what I wanted, but dit not expect it from setting both sides to 250px (would have expected a cut-out or one dimension squized and the other cut down).

Best regards,
Silke