Can I 'proof' that customer has checked the checkbox TOS at ordering a product?

Started by nkamp, May 16, 2016, 19:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nkamp

Hello,

I have configured VM checout/ordering that it is required to check the checkbox at the time of ordering. That is working fine. No problem.

But now a customer says, I didn't do this, so I don't have seen you're TOS. Now it is his word against my brothers word...? Stupid ok, But is there in the database a field that he has checked the checkbox of TOS? or is there a another way to proof that he has checked the checkbox? Although I know it is not very strong but never the less this at least what I can check.

Ok, we will add, I think, the TOS at the invoice for the customer. I believe it is not possible to add the TOS at the invoice which is send to the customer and the copy of the invoice which is send to vendor without the TOS or...
(We removed a year ago I believe because my brother was complaining, he prints every invoice for his bookkeeping. He is in hurry and forgot only to print the first page)

Regards,

Nico

AH

Are you looking to add the TOS to the order e-mail

And not the printed invoice?

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

GJC Web Design

yes .. there is a TOS field in #__virtuemart_order_userinfos related to the order id

plus ... your proof is also I assume you can't confirm your checkout unless the TOS was checked
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

nkamp

But I see in the database that the field 'agreed' in the table #__virtuemart_order_userinfos, has the value 0 in stead of 1.

But you're assumption is right, the customer can't confirm the checkout unless the customer the checkbox TOS has been checked. But some people are still saying "I ordered without checking the checkbox".

I'm look add the TOS to the order by e-mail. And that is the one what my brother is printing.

AH

Adding the TOS to the order email can be achieved using existing paramters
However if your TOS are large - it can cause the print to be very messy!

So I include them using an email overrideto:

templates/YOURTEMPLATE/html/com_virtuemart/invoice/mail_html.php

// end of mail
echo $this->loadTemplate('footer');
?>
    </td></tr>
    </table>

<?php
// quorvia dont send this to the vendor

if ($this->recipient == 'shopper') {
// quorvia add terms of service to emails as does not fit in footer of administration configuration

echo $this->vendor->vendor_terms_of_service;
}
?>

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

lindapowers

In some checkouts (dont know the core one) you can make the tos be automatically clicked.

This is not legal in some countries so the customer can argue that.