News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM 3.0.16 problem with One Page Checkout Disabled

Started by ellisvelo, May 15, 2016, 16:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellisvelo

I'm running into a problem where I'm not able to finish the checkout process when One Page Checkout is disabled. After entering in the credit card information, hitting the save button doesn't advance to the next step. The web page remains in step 3 of the credit card information.

How to Reproduce:

1. Disable One Page Checkout: Configuration-> Checkout -> disable One Page Checkout enabled
2. Attempt to make a purchase. You won't be able to advance past the credit card information page.

Enabling One Page Checkout bypasses the problem This problem didn't occur with VM 3.0.9, but was introduced in VM 3.0.10. I'm able to reproduce the problem with Joomla 3.4.8 and 3.5.1.

Jörgen

You should be using VM 3.0.16 with Joomla 3.5.1 and at least 3.0.12 for security reasons with 3.4.8.
There are patches and if You upgrade always think about backing up.

I don´t think any one is interested in helping You finding bugs in an old VM version.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

ellisvelo

I can reproduce the problem with Joomla 3.5.1 and Vm 3.0.16. So it is happening even with the latest versions.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ellisvelo

I can get the checkout process to work if I modify the code slightly. The code is acting as if the payment method is not set and the user is continually re-directed to the payment page. I've forced the setting of the payment method even if One Page Checkout is disabled.

+++ components/com_virtuemart/controllers/cart.php   (working copy)
@@ -170,6 +170,7 @@

if(!isset($force))$force = VmConfig::get('oncheckout_opc',true);

+              $force = true; // Required to set the payment method or the user will be re-directed back to the payment page
      $cart->setShipmentMethod($force, !$html);
      $cart->setPaymentMethod($force, !$html);

Can someone who is in contact with the development team share my finding. Thanks.

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation