News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How to show customfields on horizon browse page?

Started by RobertL, May 13, 2016, 17:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertL

Hi,

VM 3.0.16/J3.5.1
I'm having a bit of trouble, site I'm building is being used as a catalog only, so without pricing and add to cart section. I do however need to show customfields. Sublayout used is products_horizon.
As far as config goes, showing customfields on category pages is enabled.

thanks,
Robert

RobertL

I should mention that all customfields are simple strings, no cart variants.

jenkinhill

Using default VM templates when selecting products_horizon the customs show below the product image.  So the question is, are you using template overrides? If so compare the overrides with the default sublayout files, and also check the positions assigned to the customs.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

RobertL

Thanks for the response. They are all default with no overrides, only override I use is for price sublayout (call for price), but it's only a modified original price file with nothing removed, only an icon added, and customs didn't show before that was changed.

I tried all variants now, it only shows in browse page when addtocart layout position is specified. It does however mess up the product detail page then. Ideally I wanted to position it between description and ask for price. I guess I can do that in
views/productdetails/tmpl/default.php mentioned in  https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97419.0 thought that may be just for product detail , not browse page.

PRO

Quote from: RobertL on May 13, 2016, 21:00:38 PM
it only shows in browse page when addtocart layout position is specified.

because you have to specify the position

THIS CODE WILL SHOW A CUSTOM ON BROWSE PAGE, you just have to change the position name

<?php if (!empty($product->customfieldsSorted['POSITION-NAME']))   {      
   foreach ($product->customfieldsSorted['POSITION-NAME'] as $field) {
echo $field->display;
      } } ?>