News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How many Meta Keywords we can enter at the time of creating a product?

Started by deepaksaini, May 13, 2016, 12:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepaksaini

I am using Joomla version 3.5.1 and virtuemart version 3.0.12.

Is there any limit for Meta keywords at the time of product creation.

Jörgen

You should use VM 3.0.16 together with Joomla 3.5.1 or VM 3.0.14 with the shopfunctionsf patch.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Meta keywords have not been used for ranking purposes for several years now, but the last recommendation from Google was that there should be no more than 5 and that those words must also appear in the page content.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

lindapowers

Quote from: jenkinhill on May 13, 2016, 13:13:55 PM
Meta keywords have not been used for ranking purposes for several years now, but the last recommendation from Google was that there should be no more than 5 and that those words must also appear in the page content.

This is interesting, we are working in our metadescriptions and titles but we were ignoring metakeywords completely.

I though they were useless and could even affect in a negative way.

jenkinhill

Using too many can be detrimental, but I still see sites with 50 or more keywords. I'm sure they may be penalised for spamming! However there are some page indexing services that use keywords, but none that I know of for eCommerce. I don't use them, either.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum