News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Product waiting list, message to Shop owner

Started by dslove, May 09, 2016, 09:52:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dslove

Hi all,

I need VM to send a message to the Shop Owner each time someone uses the "notify me" function to subscribe to a product's waiting list.

Any pointers?
I remember there was a small hack to do this on VM1, but cannot find any info on VM3...

Joomla 3.5.1
Virtuemart 3.0.16
PHP 5.4.16

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

dslove

Hi Jörgen, thank you for your reply.

I am aware of this file, I have even used it to create a template override for this form so It looks a little sexier.
Is this where the code for emailing the Shop Owner has to be inserted?

(all it does is to add the client to the waiting list, no emails sent)

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

dslove

Thanks again,

I believe that for this to properly function, the file /components/com_virtuemart/controllers/productdetails.php must be customised, and not the html override.

What is your opinion?

dslove

Wow, come to think of it, this seems like it should be a standard VM feature, or at least there should be some VM extension to add this functionality.

As it is right now, how can a VM Shop Owner deal with the Product Waiting List? It seems that almost no options are offered for this. A simple email message to the Shop Owner for every new Waiting List entry would really help them to maintain their list in a more productive way, get in touch with the potential client -e.g. inform about possible re-stocking date, suggest a similar product etc...

Jörgen

Hello

I totally agree that it sould be a core feature. I will implement this as soon as i will get the time. Probably next week.

I would make a sublayout with the code and load it from the productdetails or possibly the notify. Have not decided where it would fit the best.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

dslove

These guys thought about it for VM2.x https://extensions.virtuemart.net/products/notify-product-for-vm-detail but I see they didn't update it for VM3

Jörgen, I want to be open here, and say that I am not happy touching core files in my projects. It makes updates complicated.

Are you talking about having this functionality included in an upcoming VM update or creating an extension that offers this functionality?

Jörgen

Hello

No extension, I will only make add some simple code to send e-mail to the shop owner when someone stores a notification. I am not in a position to put this in the core. If I get something working I can make a suggestion. But that´s about it.

I will publish the code when I have something working.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

dslove

rage76

Jörgen

I have a working version of this, but haven´t got the time to package it for use. It is an override of a couple of template files, and an adjustment for the call to waitinglist in the template file. I will be back on this, time is kind of scarce right now.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

rage76

This would be a big help. I am anxiously waiting !!