News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Tax & Calculation Rule Ignoring Category Setting

Started by saviB, May 04, 2016, 20:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saviB

VirtueMart 3.0.16 / Joomla! 3.5.1

I'm working on a client site that requires different shipping costs - but only one method, FEDEX ground. One type of product ships for free, and another ships for a flat $25, while all the rest use a weight calculation. I made two Calculation rules, one for the $25 flat rate and one for the free shipping. Each is assigned to a single category in the rule. But - the rule is appearing in cart regardless of the category of product added.

Scenario:

Product A category A is assigned calculation rule +$25. Product B category B is assigned calculation rule Free Shipping (this is just text, it has no value). Both products are set to zero weight.  Product C category C is NOT assigned to any calculation rule.

Product C is added to cart. View cart and both the $25 rule is shown as is the Free Shipping Rule.

For some reason, for me, Virtuemart is ignoring the category setting in the tax and calculation rules. It isn't a template issue as i checked it with BEEZ and the problem persists.

I am using FEDEX shipping plugin from Park Beach Systems: https://www.parkbeachsystems.com/products/virtuemart-fedex-shipping - but I don't think that should effect tax rules. Help?

Regards,

Savitri

saviB

Anyone? The crux is that any tax calculation or rule I create is ignoring the assigned category and is applying to all products.

By the way, AH, I DO run extensive searches before posting to this forum.

Studio 42

You need to check if your products have crossed categories.
Eg if product P are in category B+C and apply rule in C the product get the rules affected in all cases.
SO if you set discount in B and discount in C this discounts gets added.
I had a customer added 96% discount because he don't paid attention.
For now, it check always before apply new rules to have no double rules.
I think too, that if you have 2 discounts using same rules type(eg category)should not be applied 2 time, but only one. This should solve many shop owner
setting bad rules and loosing money because this(my loosed more then 500€ in 6 hours).

saviB

Thanks for the response. There is no cross category contamination going on.

I have refined the issue though. The Type of Arithmetic Operation I need for this custom rule is Tax Per Bill. This Type of Arithmetic Operation (any Per Bill Type of Arithmetic Operations) is ignoring the category assignation.

Anyone?

Studio 42

Tax Per Bill is applied to all the bill, so it's perhaps because this is applied to all.
And how you want filter by category a tax  for multiple product applied after all products ?
So you need to use tax per product and discount per product. Tax per bill is if you have to pay a specific tax for the full bill, not depending from any products.

saviB

QuoteAnd how you want filter by category a tax  for multiple product applied after all products ?

Precisely because I want it to apply ONLY if a specific product is in the cart. So, yes, it is per bill, but the setting of a specific category should be the trigger/switch to apply the tax or not. Product of the selected category NOT in the cart - rule/tax not applied. Product of the selected category IN the cart - rule/tax applied. Why else would there be the option to select a product category in the custom rule?

I can not use per product, because the rule then applies each time the product is added to the cart, not just the first time.

End goal is a sort of flat rate shipping fee - but only for one specific product type. All else used FEDEX. In it's essence:

if (any number) of product x is in cart add (only once) $25.

saviB

roberto91

buongiorno,
avrei bisogno di sapere se avete trovato una soluzione a questo problema?
Mi servirebbe.
Grazie.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum