News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Let Customer View Color and Type of Picture Frame Before Checkout

Started by tenten, April 29, 2016, 16:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenten

Hello,

I am new to Virtuemart and ecommerce, but have much experience using Artisteer to create basic HTML Websites and some HTML coding abilities.

I turned to Joomla because I need a solid ecommerce solution and from what I gather, it is the platform to use for that. I installed the Virtuemart extension but it only offers configurable products in the form of drop down menus or radio buttons and what I need is a real time representation of the product so the user can play around with frames and colors to see what looks best.

Here is an example of what I want:
http://www.reflectiveartinc.com/frame_p ... &item=2098

It starts off with a price for just the picture.

Then you can select a frame and it automatically updates the shopping cart price and shows the frame so you can see what it looks like. You can also match the wall color so you can see what looks good on your own wall.

Then there are two more options for inner and outer matting that also show up on the image.

Anyone know a good way to add this function in Virtuemart?

Thank you.

What extension do I need to install in order to achieve this?

tenten

Sorry the example link was copied from another forum post on the Joomla forums I made.

Here is a link to the example I want to reproduce.

http://www.reflectiveartinc.com/frame_picture.html?cat_id=26&item=2074

Thanks

PRO

That site you linked to did a horrible job at that feature.
The iframe (no pun intended) for the frame option is hard to understand at first.
The size of the picture needs to be large enough for people to see as they are configuring.

This will take custom work from a developer.

It is not "real" hard to do. But will take some time to get it right.

Most likely, depending on the parameters , like if the same mats are available in all pictures. IT can be done with a single custom product plugin.

CSS & JS