News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Custom Fields after Upgrading from 2.6 > 3.0.14

Started by ozthekeymaster, May 03, 2016, 01:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozthekeymaster

Hi all

Right - I'm on the final stretch of upgrading our site from Joomla 2.5 > 3.4.8 (yes I know there's 3.5 - later!)

Bought a migration tool so I could set up a clean install and migrate date as we had crash issues earlier with our old site and I'd rather start again!

Got all the products/users/orders etc in, site is working fine, but the Custom Fields are driving me insane. PLEASE forgive a few stupid questions here - I really have tried all over the forum to find answers but I'm not getting anywhere.

Previous Situation Under VM2

• Set up a new custom field e.g "Colour", cart variant (we DO NOT need stock control), and enter all the possible colours for an item separated by semi-colons e.g Black;Blue;Pink;Green;Yellow
    Set up new item (e.g. Drum Kit)
    Go to Custom fields and add one instance of "Colour" for each possible colour FOR THAT ITEM e.g Black, Blue, Green and choose one colour for each instance

Current Situation

• Each of the products with such a "Colour" have come across with an instance for each possible colour
    BUT each one of these instance creates a drop down list for that product containing ALL the possible colours rather than just one so I have three or four drop downs on one product, all offering every possible choice, including ones that aren't available for that item

Questions

• Is there a quick way to remove these multiple dropdowns? (I've tried the options under tools to remove cart variants from VM2 but it doesn't do anything)
    How do I now go about replicating the previous VM2 behaviour? I can 't see a way to select just the available options for a product - it seems to be all the options or nothing

I'd really really appreciate and light anyone can shed on this! Thanks a million

PS The test site is at http://new.soundattak.co.uk

An example product with duplicated dropdowns is at http://new.soundattak.co.uk/drums/acoustic-drums/mapex/tornado-starter-kit-new-improved-spec-detail

Thanks in advance!