News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Many problems with web shop

Started by Webbmary, April 21, 2016, 11:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Webbmary

I do not know where to start... We have many problems with a site in Joomla! 2.5.28. When we upgrade to VM 3.0.14 the admin panel change so much that we couldn't use it so we have to back to 3.0.12. And no we can't place any order.

I have tried to click on "Install or if necessary update tables" but that didn't help.

When I try to place an order I get the message:

vmError: TableOrders: :spara misslyckades
        Unknown column 'customer_note' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_virtuemart_orders` (`virtuemart_order_id`,`virtuemart_user_id`,`virtuemart_vendor_id`,`order_number`,`order_pass`,`customer_number`,`order_total`,`order_salesPrice`,`order_billTaxAmount`,`order_billTax`,`order_billDiscountAmount`,`order_discountAmount`,`order_subtotal`,`order_tax`,`order_shipment`,`order_shipment_tax`,`order_payment`,`order_payment_tax`,`coupon_discount`,`order_discount`,`order_currency`,`order_status`,`user_currency_id`,`user_currency_rate`,`virtuemart_paymentmethod_id`,`virtuemart_shipmentmethod_id`,`customer_note`,`ip_address`,`order_language`,`created_on`,`created_by`,`modified_on`,`modified_by`) VALUES ('0','270','1','17220176','p_4df1e','fe3838c7c11aa406dd956566e17360d5','470','470','0','0','0','0','470','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','124','P','124','1','1','1','','212.247.201.39','sv-SE','2016-04-21 09:37:06','270','2016-04-21 09:37:06','270')
        vmError: Couldn't create order
        No order created

GJC Web Design

has your site been recoded or is there a 3rd party ext. try to save to the orders table?

there is no customer_note in the #__virtuemart_orders table

this field is in the #__virtuemart_order_userinfos table so what script is trying to save to the wrong table?

even back in VM2 the customer_note wasn't in orders
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Webbmary

I'm not sure what you mean??

I read somewhere that I could "delete the virtuemart_orders table from the database and install fresh one." BUT HOW DO I DO THAT?

GJC Web Design

its got nothing to do with the tables

this query is WRONG... it is trying to save a field to the WRONG table

Unknown column 'customer_note' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_virtuemart_orders` (`virtuemart_order_id`,`virtuemart_user_id`,`virtuemart_vendor_id`,`order_number`,`order_pass`,`customer_number`,`order_total`,`order_salesPrice`,`order_billTaxAmount`,`order_billTax`,`order_billDiscountAmount`,`order_discountAmount`,`order_subtotal`,`order_tax`,`order_shipment`,`order_shipment_tax`,`order_payment`,`order_payment_tax`,`coupon_discount`,`order_discount`,`order_currency`,`order_status`,`user_currency_id`,`user_currency_rate`,`virtuemart_paymentmethod_id`,`virtuemart_shipmentmethod_id`,`customer_note`,`ip_address`,`order_language`,`created_on`,`created_by`,`modified_on`,`modified_by`) VALUES ('0','270','1','17220176','p_4df1e','fe3838c7c11aa406dd956566e17360d5','470','470','0','0','0','0','470','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','124','P','124','1','1','1','','212.247.201.39','sv-SE','2016-04-21 09:37:06','270','2016-04-21 09:37:06','270')
GJC Web Design
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component

Webbmary

The site haven't been recoded or is using a 3rd party extension.

Shall I: "try to save to the orders table"? How do I do that?

PRO

what version did u upgrade from?

why does the image have 2.0.22a   ?

Webbmary

The problem didn't started when I upgraded... And I don't quite get this. When I go to Extension Manager >> Manage >> VirtueMart  it says that I have 3.0.12 but as you saw in my post abowe it shows that I can update to 2.0.22a. I'm very confused! =(

Webbmary

Somehow VM3 came into the picture but I have now instead upgraded VM 2.6.22.
I haven't worked with VirtueMart in years so are completly lost of what to do next. I get this warning when I upgraded:

vmError: alterTable ADD jos_virtuemart_orders.customer_note :
        vmError: Tableupdater updating table jos_virtuemart_orders throws error Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_virtuemart_orders` ADD customer_note varchar(20000) AFTER virtuemart_vendor_id
        vmError: alterTable ADD jos_virtuemart_product_customfields.custom_value :
        vmError: alterTable ADD jos_virtuemart_product_customfields.custom_price : Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_virtuemart_product_customfields` ADD custom_value varchar(8000) COMMENT 'field value' FIRST
        vmError: alterTable ADD jos_virtuemart_product_customfields.custom_param : Unknown column 'custom_value' in 'jos_virtuemart_product_customfields' SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_virtuemart_product_customfields` ADD custom_price decimal(15,5) COMMENT 'price' AFTER custom_value
        vmError: Tableupdater updating table jos_virtuemart_product_customfields throws error Unknown column 'custom_price' in 'jos_virtuemart_product_customfields' SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_virtuemart_product_customfields` ADD custom_param varchar(12800) COMMENT 'Param for Plugins' AFTER custom_price
        vmError: alterTable ADD jos_virtuemart_userfields.params :
        vmError: Tableupdater updating table jos_virtuemart_userfields throws error Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_virtuemart_userfields` ADD params varchar(17500) FIRST

The path for invoices seems to miss the correct file permissions Safe Path

Info: Your template settings are old, please check your template settings in the vm config and in your categories

vmError: alterTable ADD jos_virtuemart_orders.customer_note :
        vmError: alterTable CHANGE jos_virtuemart_orders.order_language : Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_virtuemart_orders` ADD customer_note varchar(19000) AFTER virtuemart_shipmentmethod_id
        vmError: alterTable ADD jos_virtuemart_product_customfields.custom_value :
        vmError: alterTable ADD jos_virtuemart_product_customfields.custom_price : Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_virtuemart_product_customfields` ADD custom_value varchar(8000) COMMENT 'field value' AFTER virtuemart_custom_id
        vmError: alterTable ADD jos_virtuemart_product_customfields.custom_param : Unknown column 'custom_value' in 'jos_virtuemart_product_customfields' SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_virtuemart_product_customfields` ADD custom_price decimal(15,5) COMMENT 'price' AFTER custom_value
        vmError: alterTable CHANGE jos_virtuemart_product_customfields.ordering : Unknown column 'custom_price' in 'jos_virtuemart_product_customfields' SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_virtuemart_product_customfields` ADD custom_param varchar(12800) COMMENT 'Param for Plugins' AFTER custom_price
        Max messages reached

And when I try to buy:

vmError: TableOrders::store failed - Unknown column 'customer_note' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_virtuemart_orders` (`virtuemart_order_id`,`virtuemart_user_id`,`virtuemart_vendor_id`,`order_number`,`order_pass`,`customer_number`,`order_total`,`order_salesPrice`,`order_billTaxAmount`,`order_billTax`,`order_billDiscountAmount`,`order_discountAmount`,`order_subtotal`,`order_tax`,`order_shipment`,`order_shipment_tax`,`order_payment`,`order_payment_tax`,`coupon_discount`,`order_discount`,`order_currency`,`order_status`,`user_currency_id`,`user_currency_rate`,`virtuemart_paymentmethod_id`,`virtuemart_shipmentmethod_id`,`customer_note`,`ip_address`,`order_language`,`created_on`,`created_by`,`modified_on`,`modified_by`) VALUES ('0','270','1','Q24Q0176','p_HteRjG47','fe3838c7c11aa406dd956566e17360d5','160','160','0','0','0','0','160','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','124','P','124','1','1','1','','78.72.0.xx','sv-SE','2016-04-22 18:53:22','270','2016-04-22 18:53:22','270')
        vmError: Couldn't create order
        No order created

Is here any developer who is willing to work for us and fix this? Please PM me!

Webbmary

GJC Web Design

your back to the basic problem I pointed out at the start

Unknown column 'customer_note' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_virtuemart_orders`

customer_note is NOT in jos_virtuemart_orders and afaik never was

++++++++
Update : it was in jos_virtuemart_orders back in the VM2.0 days
so u have an old out of date extension or script saving to the wrong place
++++++++++

it is in jos__virtuemart_order_userinfos

so the cause is what ever script is trying to save this to the wrong table.. and how can that be a core VM script?

If u need a developer u can email me...
GJC Web Design

Studio 42

Your sql problem is because Virtuemart try to resize some fields, but your current data are bigger then the new max field size.
So you need to trim all your data, or better use an import/update tool to migrate your shop.

Jörgen

Hello

Your screenshot sais You have VM 3.012 installed, BUT You have only VM AIO 2.022, they shall alvays be upgraded together. Please upgrade the VM AIO to 3.012 before doing anything else with the database.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Webbmary

When I try to upgrade I just get errors and the checkout doesn't work at all (just a blank white page). =(

"vmError: loadVmTemplateStyle failed: Could not load default template style"

How do I "trim all my data"?

GJC Web Design

You as far as I can see, have never clearly stated exactly what you have updated from and to.. 

If as it appears you started with some ancient VM2.0.x  and are now on VM3.0.16 the template you had for VM is highly unlikely to work

I assume this is on a clone etc?

Then try on the std protostar template first , check all old extensions etc   .. but it has to be said this is mentioned over and over on this forum
GJC Web Design

Studio 42

Quote from: Webbmary on April 25, 2016, 07:30:06 AM
How do I "trim all my data"?
You need to use phpmyamdin for eg and check the table that VM cannot update and edit all too long fields.
I think you have certainly a developper that maintain your site for such problems? He can check and do it with some magic sql queries in one or 2 hours.