News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

3 serious issues

Started by Funtshirts, April 28, 2016, 18:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funtshirts

Hello all,

I am having some very strange problems.

1st problem: Virtuemart cart does not work on mobile AT ALL. On Safari it never adds a product (does give the pop-up) on other browsers on mobile it sometimes does add and sometimes it doesn't.

2nd problem: When adding a product to the cart and after that going to the homepage it gives me the error shown in the added screenshot. (always the same number 347)
(already tried emtying browser cache and caching in joomla also from my cloudflare)

3rd problem: I cant login in joomla backend on safari on my desktop and on mobile..

Mayb all related mayb not......

Anyone who knows the reason and fixes to these problems?
I really hope so!

I use:
joomla 3.5.1
php: 5.6.19
virtuemart 3.0.16

GJC Web Design

1. mobiles rendering

totally template dependent.. what template are u using?

2.  the language code is missing off the end of ...product_  .. I guess it should be ... product_nl_nl

are all lang tables correct in the DB? Otherwise you need to find what ext/script is calling that query and failing to detect/add the lang tags
could be an extension.. unlikely VM

3. Joomla problem
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Funtshirts

Quote from: GJC Web Design on April 28, 2016, 23:58:16 PM
1. mobiles rendering

totally template dependent.. what template are u using?

Im using OT t-shirt from Omegatheme. But the template works perfectly on mobile etc. Never had a problem on mobile with the cart on mobile. Its a new problem. The template im using from the beginning.

2.  the language code is missing off the end of ...product_  .. I guess it should be ... product_nl_nl

are all lang tables correct in the DB? Otherwise you need to find what ext/script is calling that query and failing to detect/add the lang tags
could be an extension.. unlikely VM

I fixed this by turning off joomla cache. Which makes my site slower. Which is both weird imo :/

3. Joomla problem

Is this a known problem? I do have it since the last update. What causes this?

Studio 42

1. mobiles rendering
Check with your template provider.
Some internal Virtuemart function have changed and template need sometime code changes.

For Joomla login, if this work with one browser and not for other, change browser and report this to Joomla Team.
If you serach a little perhaps in Joomla forums you have already an answer.

Funtshirts

Thanks for the reply.

The template works fine. THe 3rd part ajax drop down cart does not.
Same with the image optimization part of JCH optimize.

Think in my joomla something is messed up. Cant figure out what.

Mayb the same thing messes up the login.
Because its on Safari on desktop that i cant login. Not on Firefox and Chrome.
BUT on Mobile, i cant login on any of these browsers.

Studio 42

Try to disable all unneeded plugins.
I have many issue with plugins, all are not perfect and are called in back-end too.
For the cart drop down, check if you have no new updates.
If you can check your javascript console in Safari, perhaps you have a simple javascript bug.
And some browser do not permit secured and unsecured links, so if you forced https, perhaps this is simply a security problem because some javascript/css link are not secure ?
Another problem is that you have perhaps disable the cookies for your domain in safari ?