News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

vm 3.0.16 + j 3.5.1 multilanguage SWITCH LANGUAGE ADMIN PANEL doesn't work

Started by suicidebunny, April 14, 2016, 11:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suicidebunny

Hi, I've a problem in my multilang website, administration panel. Actually italian and english are installed succesfully. If I'm in a product page I can switch language to add the translation required. Fine. BUT I need to add more languages. So I install the new joomla + vm translation and set the new language in joomla and virtuemart shop. Now my website has 3 languages installed: italian-english-french. I should be able to switch language in product pages or categories to add the new translation in french, but it simply doesn't work. I can choose italian, I can choose English, i can SEE there is also french, I can select it but nothing change in the page, no french flag appear, no blank spaces to fill. Just the previous language.

I've already:
changed text editor
changed server version
check the db (and there isn't any new fr table ??)
activated debug mode: and this is the messange after having add the new language (it seems ok to me)

----------
vmdebug PHP 5.4
vmdebug Show All Errors
vmdebug my lfbs
vmdebug LangCount: 2 $siteLang: it-IT self::$vmlangSef: it self::$_jpConfig->lang it_it DefLang it_it
vmdebug vmTime: time to load config: 0
vmdebug Start used Ram 8.25M
vmdebug vmTime: VirtueMartControllerConfig Finished task config: 0.046799898147583
vmdebug End used Ram 9.25M
vmdebug Peak memory peak 9.25M
La configurazione è stata salvata
vmdebug LangCount: 3 $siteLang: it-IT self::$vmlangSef: it self::$_jpConfig->lang it_it DefLang it_it
vmdebug vmTime: time to load config: 0.0155999660491943
vmdebug vmTime: VirtueMartControllerConfig Finished task config: 0.202800035476685
vmdebug End used Ram 10.75M
vmdebug Peak memory peak 10.75M
Nota
Taking config from file
---------------------------

any clue?

suicidebunny

The problem seems to be the db tables that are not created when I add a new language in vm...
I added them manually   and now the switch language menù works.

so now the question is: why db tables are not created if I add a new language in virtuemart config page?

servlet

I have the same problem
I think if you install VM before your additional language (must set in FE) VM doesnt create language tables...
so I dell VM files and tables and install them again.

You cant try to set different language in FE after that access VM BE and if VM doesnt create tables the bug exist...

I am not sure but this may be a bug
Он-лайн магазин за фототапети http://mishelfoster.com

Studio 42

Try to set all settings
for  languages.
In Joomla you have installed > YOURSITE/administrator/index.php?option=com_languages&view=installed
and Content Languages > YOURSITE/administrator/index.php?option=com_languages&view=languages

You need to have to set content language too, else it is not working.
for french use
Title Français (FR)
Title Native Français (FR)
Language Tag fr-FR    
URL Language Code fr
Image Prefix fr

I have many customer doing this mistake ;)

suicidebunny

I have joomla and content languages installed.
The new language have been installed after vm installation, so I suppose servlet idea is right. I don't understand what  "FE" is ....  :-[

Studio 42

"FE" is Front-End or your site
"BE" is Back-end or administration
But for your problem, have you try to remove the new language in Virtuemart config and save, then re add language and save?
What is the result ?

suicidebunny

yes, many times with no success. then suddendly the message "vm database table created" has appeared this mornig.  I don't understand. Anyway now I can add french translation. I've tried to install another language (spanish): same problem. I'll try again the "delate and re-add " thing... and we'll see. I'm confused.  :-\

Studio 42

I have exactly same problem in a fresh install.
Added the Content Language, but no table was created.
I have to deconnect, reconnect, remove all langue add all. But nothing.
Then i added another langue. Removed it, and Jackpot! i have now 2 language !?!
I think it's a bug in last releases, this was working before.

servlet

Он-лайн магазин за фототапети http://mishelfoster.com

Milbo

Quote from: suicidebunny on April 14, 2016, 11:54:55 AM
The problem seems to be the db tables that are not created when I add a new language in vm...
I added them manually   and now the switch language menù works.

so now the question is: why db tables are not created if I add a new language in virtuemart config page?

I just tested, worked for me. ?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

tina89bcn

Same problem here!

Does anybody have a solution for this issue?

Jeroentje

Perhaps this will work...

- go to Virtuemart
- go to Tools
- go to Tools & Migration
- press buton ''install or if necessary update tables"

I don't know if it makes any difference but I first installed the languages in Joomla by the Language Manager; I created a multilingual site. Then I installed the languages from www.virtuemart.net and then pushed the button as mentioned above.

Good luck !

Jeroen

Milbo

Just some update. There was an error in the vm3.0.16, usually the language tables are checked, when storing the config, but only, when the language setting changed. This check was not correctly working. So when I tested it, it worked, but I found situation when it did not work. Please test vm3.0.17.4 and I am sure it works now as intended.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member