News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Clicking in quantity box changes default 1 to Undefined

Started by SparksArts, April 13, 2016, 17:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SparksArts

On any product category list, when clicking in the quantity box the existing 1 text immediately changes to "undefined". Then if you type in any number and click Add to Cart the popup shows no product and it is not added to the cart. The - and + buttons work to change quantity and product is added to cart. This only happens on product category list, not on product details page.

Virtuemart forum's only mention of "undefined quantity" referred to an update to components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/addtocartbar.php since Virtuemart 3.0.12. The undefined issue in that case was caused by a template/html/ override of that file that wasn't updated. That's not the reason for my issue. I'm using VMuikit and there is no override for that file.

Installed versions:
Joomla 3.4.8
Virtuemart 3.0.14
VMuikit 3.1.6

Thanks for any suggestion to fix this.
Richard
Richard Sparks, Website Developer

Inter-Web

Hi SparksArts!

I have same problem, in details page of prodcuts, i can´t place quantity products manually.

Do you can solved your problem ?

Can you share the solution, if you founde it?

Thank You very much!

jenkinhill

Is already fixed in the dev version, VM3.0.17  (latest available from SVN).
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Inter-Web

Hi jenkinhill !

Thank You very much for  your response!  :)

I update to VM3.0.17....

This it's the error:

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

nsimos

I have the same problem with VirtueMart 3.0.18 and Joomla 3.6.2

Database Version   5.5.41-0ubuntu0.14.04.1
Database Collation   utf8_general_ci
Database Connection Collation   utf8mb4_general_ci
PHP Version   5.5.9-1ubuntu4.6
Web Server   Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)
WebServer to PHP Interface   cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version   Joomla! 3.6.2 Stable [ Noether ] 4-August-2016 23:41 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version   Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT

ee61ny

Hello, is there any solution on this issue please ?
Joomla 3.6.5, VM 3.0.18

jenkinhill

Does not happen with default VM templates, so probably a problem with whatever template/overrides you use.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

fcdigital

Hello,

I have the same problem, and as suggested it is a problem with template overide. I made a custom template based on Breez, i really did not change any functionality, just some layout changes.

Does somebody has any idea about what can be wrong with the customized template?

You can see an example here:

http://www.salonmarket.mx/cuidado-del-cabello/cepillos-de-aire/cepillo-de-aire-conair-bc171es-conair

Thanks

Joomla 3.6.5, VM 3.0.18
Joomla 3.5.1 + Virtuemart 3.0.16

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

SparksArts

Quote from: Inter-Web on June 26, 2016, 22:25:04 PM
Hi SparksArts!
I have same problem, in details page of products, i can´t place quantity products manually. Do you can solved your problem? Can you share the solution, if you found it?
Thank You very much!

If I recall correctly, my problem turned out to be in Shopper Fields. Every one had "undefined" in the Default field, probably because my website was an upgrade from Virtuemart 2.x / Joomla 2.5.x. I solved the problem by opening each shopper field and deleting whatever entry was in the Default field so it was empty, then Save of course.

Richard
Richard Sparks, Website Developer