News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Remove "Custom prototype for related products"?

Started by vaskern, April 13, 2016, 17:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaskern

I notice a line below the related products saying "Custom prototype for related products". Searching for this string on Google also brings up alot of results, indicating its a common problem.
How can it be removed?
VM 3.0.16

jenkinhill

Just delete the description field on the plugin configuration.  To me it is only there asa a reminedr of what the plugin does.

Alternatively hide it with css.
.product-field-desc {diaplay:none;}
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

TrigWebDesignUSA

And where is that? I checked Plugins, VM Config and Shop, no where to be found.

TrigWebDesignUSA

After doing a full search in the Virtuemart Directories, I found the Custom Prototype text in Administrator>>com_virtuemart>>language>>en-GB>>en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini starting on line 969:
COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES="Related Categories"
COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES_DESC="Custom prototype for related categories"
COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_CATEGORIES_TIP="Add categories to display in the Product Details Page"
COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS="Related Products"
COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS_DESC="Custom prototype for related products"
COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS_HEADING="You may also be interested in this/these product(s)"
COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS_TIP="Add products to display in the Product Details Page"
Just edit the text to whatever you want, I simply made the COM_VIRTUEMART_RELATED_PRODUCTS_DESC=""

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

wicketts

Hi can confirm that jenkinhill's answer does work:

.product-field-desc {display:none;}

Agaton

Quote from: wicketts on March 24, 2017, 10:32:47 AM
Hi can confirm that jenkinhill's answer does work:

.product-field-desc {display:none;}

From an SEO perspective that may not be the best answer as hidden text can have a detrimental affect on your rankings