News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Terms of service issue

Started by X-Bumble, April 07, 2016, 13:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X-Bumble

Hi all,

I am running the lastest version of VM with Joomla 3.51. VM is operating fine and the site is almost finsihed.

I do have one problem that I really need help on.

When the user goes to the shopping cart page, they have to click the checkbox for 'Click here to read terms of service and check the box to accept them. '

If you don't press the checkbox, the page refreshes but there is no indicator or error message that comes up to warn the buyer they haven't check this box. As such, it is very confusing as to why the shooper cannot continue.

Can anyone please help me to get some form of indicator for that page so people can understand what is wrong.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Mike
Whitby, North Yorkshire, England.

jenkinhill

Using default VM templates there error message is shown:
Notice
Please accept the Terms of Service to proceed

So maybe you are using template overrides?

lastest version of VM with Joomla 3.51. VM is operating fine

It will not be working fine unless you have applied the patch file for the J3.5.1 email issue.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

X-Bumble

Thanks for the reply. I'm using Joomla 3.5.1 so the email issue has been patched.

With regards to Virtuemart, the templates is set to default inside 'Shopfront Settings' area.

When I press the checkout now button a blue rotating symbol shows up for a brief tme, but then just disappears. Is this supposed to be the message?

Could anyone just tell me where I could fix this, or if there is an alternaitve way of showing the message about having to accept T&C's?

This site needs to go live and this is the only thing that is causing the delay.

jenkinhill

Attached is an image of the alert message in Protostar
In this case the layout code is in templates/protostar/html/layouts/joomla/system/message.php

So test with Protostar & if the alert does not apper you should check your shopper field config and also checkout config.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

X-Bumble

Checked the template and I had forgttn to include the message!

I'm so very greatful for your assistance. I couldn't see the woods for the trees so a fresh eye was just what I needed!