After updating to joomla 3.5.1 virtuemart 3.0.14 emails no working

Started by miggel, April 06, 2016, 13:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

medmantra

Hello,

I replaced 3.5.1 mail.php with that of 3.5.0 and it worked. (libraries/joomla/mail/mail.php).
Now there are no errors in paypal checkout, emails are sent to vendor and customer and order is confirmed.
But I am still getting a notice on return invoice page:
"Notice
You must provide at least one recipient email address."

What may be causing this?

@ GJC Web Design:
Can u please elaborate on this especially the second sentence?
"the case I fixed the vendor email was missing because of various vendor config cockups
to find echo out mailer stuff in the helpers/shopfunctionsf.php .. the send mail function .. to find whats missing"

melingmeier

I updated Joomla to 3.5.1, virtuemart from 3.0.11.4 to 3.0.16 and activated php7. Everything works fine, the only thing that doesn't work is if I try to switch the order status from any status to "confirmed". If I do so I get an joomla error: "Es ist ein Fehler aufgetreten! 1 Could not access file: 0" "An error occurred! 1 Could not access file: 0" Any idea what went wrong?
Virtuemart Version: 3.0.16 on Joomla 3.5.1; php 7

GJC Web Design

My reply was to just let u know that even though the forum is full of "0: invalid address" related to the recent J3.5.1 update this error is also a very general one that could be related to any email failure
It is only saying that one of the email addresses is missing (sender or recipient) - and this can be caused by many things

So the investigation needs to be where and why an email address is missing

In the case I mentioned the vendor email was missing at the vm mail helper.. there was at least 3 vendors specified (it was a migration)
by clearing the lot, making a new superadmin, logging it into VM and assigning as store owner it all came right
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

YZF

Thank you "stAn99" and everyone else that posted. The two files I downloaded from your post worked great. Very much appreciated.

saraheagle

The update does not seem to fix the "Send to a friend" or the "Ask a Question" emails.
I think we need to change the code a bit to something like this, does anyone have an easy way of getting the vendor email/name/id?

if(isset($view->orderDetails['details']) && isset($view->orderDetails['details']['BT'])) {
            $replyTo[0] = $view->orderDetails['details']['BT']->email;
            $replyToName[0] = $view->orderDetails['details']['BT']->first_name . ' ' . $view->orderDetails['details']['BT']->last_name;
         } else {
            if(isset($view->user->email) && $view->user->name) {
               $replyTo[0] = $view->user->email;
               $replyToName[0] = $view->user->name;
            }
            elseif (isset ($view->vendor->vendor_name)) {
               $replyTo[0] = $view->user['email'];
               $replyToName[0] = $view->user['name'];
            }
            else {
               //coming from send to a friend or ask a question, so no order details
               //get vendor email from config / db
            }
         }

Thanks