News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

After updating to joomla 3.5.1 virtuemart 3.0.14 emails no working

Started by miggel, April 06, 2016, 13:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dimi2013

A big thank you to all who participated in bringing this issue to light and providing a fix. It helped me out tremendously. You folks are A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

Anna_Bolika

Quote from: reinhold on April 06, 2016, 15:11:58 PM
The alternative fix to Stan's is to change the function sendVmMail in components/com_virtuemart/helpers/shopfunctionsf.php as follows:

Change (twice)

$mailer->addReplyTo( $replyTo );

to

$mailer->addReplyTo( $replyTo[0], $replyTo[1] );

Change
$mailer->addReplyTo( $replyTo );
to
$mailer->addReplyTo( $replyTo[0], $replyTo[1] );

Change
$mailer->setSender( $sender );
to
$mailer->setSender( $sender[0], $sender[1] );

This preserves the names and the email addresses.

Best regards,
Reinhold

There's no need to change the 'setSender'-call, that one is still valid.

JacoboPS

Quote from: one2one on April 06, 2016, 13:57:36 PM
Hello,

After upgrade Joomla 3.5.1 today - I have checkout confirmation error. Virtuemart not confirm the order and I receive this message:

An error has occurred while processing your request.
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.

0 Invalid address:

I find the problem file after upgrade - libraries/joomla/mail/mail.php but I not understand where is the problem.

When I change the old mail.php file from Joomla 3.5.0, the problem is fixed but this is a not good solution.

Well, the patch they refer here for Joomla 3.5.1 and VM 3.0.14 didn't work for me. So, on the meanwhile, I have adopted your patch while I wait for the VM 3.0.16 or find another solution (I have some sort of problem with Joomla upgrade, I still get the "Joomla! 3.5.0 is available: Update Now" message and I have the 3.5.1 running.
Learning, pulling hair out, learning...

brentonking

Just an additional note (if it hasn't already been mentioned). This same issue also caused a problem with the "Register & Checkout" button, where the user is redirected to MYSITE/shop/user, but receives "0 - Invalid address" message.

The shopfunctionsf.php patch also fixed this issue for me. I do believe I had to update to Virtuemart 3.0.14 for the issue to be sorted too.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

stAn99

hello friends, we had compared all modifications in shopfunctionsf.php since vm3.0.0 to the latest 3.0.16 and created a version that is backward compatible with all of the prior VM versions in case you wanted to run it on latest Joomla 3.5.1 and later

the file can be downloaded from:
http://www.rupostel.com/svn3/shopfunctionsf.php.allversions.src

upload to your /components/com_virtuemart/helpers/shopfunctionsf.php

we also created an installable zip package for joomla that overwrites the core shopfunctionsf.php
http://www.rupostel.com/svn3/shopfunctionsf_joomla_installer.zip

merges include all changes from versions of :
VM3.0.0, 3.0.2, 3.0.4, 3.0.6.2, 3.0.8, 3.0.9.6, 3.0.12, 3.0.13.2, 3.0.14, 3.0.16

best regards, stan
----
RuposTel.com
www.rupostel.com
Your customized checkout solution for Virtuemart

grimeshenry

Hi There

I am using Joomla 3.5.1 and VM 3.0. and still getting "ERROR: 0 Invalid address:"
after getting new file shopfunctionsf.php

Please Help

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

GJC Web Design

Just a heads up

fixed a J3.5.1/VM3.0.16 install today still showing the "ERROR: 0 Invalid address:" and turns out it was because he had messed up his vendors so the reply to email was missing and throwing this exact same error -- so not always this (above) reason causes this problem
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

oneyozfest182

Quote from: jenkinhill on April 07, 2016, 12:25:04 PM
VM3.0.16 with the fix is under test at the moment.

I'm on Joomla 3.5.1 and VM 3.0.16 and still having this error. :( Orders show up in VM but no e-mail is dispatched and the customer gets an error message

QuoteThe requested page can't be found.

An error has occurred while processing your request.

You may not be able to visit this page because of:

an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
    a mistyped address
    a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
    you have no access to this page

If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.

0 Invalid address:

jenkinhill

Quote from: GJC Web Design on May 09, 2016, 19:24:28 PM

fixed a J3.5.1/VM3.0.16 install today still showing the "ERROR: 0 Invalid address:" and turns out it was because he had messed up his vendors

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

oneyozfest182

How can I go about working toward a fix? My vendor profile has an e-mail address entered into their profile. :-\

I do have the following "warning" in Joomla:

QuoteThe PHP temporary folder is not set.
The PHP temporary folder is the folder that PHP uses to store an uploaded file before Joomla can access this file. Whilst the folder not being set isn't always a problem, if you are having issues with manifest files not being detected or uploaded files not being detected, setting this in your php.ini file might fix the issue.

Could this be any part of the issue?

UPDATE [SOLIVED]: If anyone is still having troubles, please make sure in your Global Config > Server your From email and From Name are NOT blank!

medmantra

Hello,

I have J3.5.1 and VM3.0.16.
Even after applying the above-mentioned fixes and making sure that vendor has email and name (full profile) set up I am getting 0 invalid address error.
My Joomal Admin > Global Config > System does not have "From email" and "From Name" fields. Where exactly am I supposed to look for these?

medmantra

I found it.

It is here:

Joomla Admin > Global Config > Server

and the from email and from name fields are filled and valid.

Any other reasons for the 0 Invalid Address Error?

GJC Web Design

the case I fixed the vendor email was missing because of various vendor config cockups

to find echo out mailer stuff in the helpers/shopfunctionsf.php .. the send mail function .. to find whats missing
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation