News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Creating Parent -> Child relationships with existing products

Started by brandiware, March 31, 2016, 16:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandiware

Hi all you VM experts,

I migrated a lot of products from a VM 2.x installation to a brand new VM.
Since the nifty multivariant feature is now available I would like to group imported products into variants of product patterns.

I do understand how this all works by creating new variants using the VM front-end and it works. However, I want to avoid reentering tons
of products as variants.
The front-end has not exposed a suitable function to do this - at least not to me. Is there a way to do this without reverting to dirty DB works ?

Speaking of dirty DB: I have tried this approach already. Variants can simple be added to a given product by setting the product_parent_id accordingly.
After this I can add multvariants in all of their beauty. However...

The variants appear to be right but choosing a variant using the drop-downs simply does not switch the product detail to the right product.
Interestingly enough - when I navigate to the variants using the for/back links - the drop-down boxes adjust correctly.

What am I missing ? Which tables would need adjustment as well after working in the product_parent_id ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
brandiware

Besten Dank im voraus
Stefan

brandiware

The relationships work now. The JQuery settings needed to be changed in the configuration.

Studio 42

HI,
If you need to modify parent/child relation you can use my tool here : http://shop.st42.fr/en/products/vm-be-pro-batch-product-edit.htm
But it wrok for many other batch process / product editing too.
Regards,
Patrick