How to edit Bill to Information required fields at Virtuemart Checkout page ??

Started by xenofon, March 30, 2016, 03:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xenofon

Hello ,

I am developing a Virtuemart e-store and i have a serious problem at the checkout page of the store.

The problem is that when a guest member/client is going to buy a product and must add his Bill to information at the checkout page (cause they are not auto-filled while he is not a registered member) some fields doesn't look like i want for me. The following errors come up :

1)First of all i would like to make my second field (Ονοματεπώνυμο) a required field (*) while it is not and that fact can't be solved from Virtuemart Shopper Fields Area while there is not an option for Bill to Information area.

2)Secondly i would like to vanish the fields : Username, Password and Confirm password from this area.

(Joomla 3 + Virtuemart 3)

P.S. Many excuses if my english aren't good.

jenkinhill

1. To make the Joomla Displayed Name required you must disallow guest registration. In VirtueMart configuration/checkout you should select "Only registered users can checkout"

2. To remove the top login area you could use css override to hide the login area or use template overrides, but be aware that you may remove the login fields completely from checkout if you are not careful.
http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/templating-layouts.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

xenofon

Hi jenkinhill and thank you for the quick response.

I don't want only the registered users to checkout, i want the quest members checkout too so i don't need to select "Only registered users can checkout".
Also i don't want to remove the top login area.

My problem is very specific and i am afraid that it is solved only with some kind of core hack.

The registered users in my website can change their "Bill to Information fields and change their "Ship Address" while it is pre-filled with data when they login to the website. That's OK.

But the guest users that i want also to checkout and fill the fields "Bill to Information" and "Ship Address" in my shop so i can take their data for the invoice without registration or login to the website have this problem :

1)The "Bill to Information" area ask from them to fill out some fields they don't need to for their order. These fields are :
    * username (the guest member doesn't need to fill out a username while he is not going to register to my website). I want to vanish this field from this area.

*Displayed name is showing but it is not required like it is required in the registration form of my website, so i want to make it a required field.

*I want to vanish also like username field the fields password and confirm password while the guest member doesn't need to fill out a password for his         order.

That's exactly what i want to fix in my website. Please help !