News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM3.0.12 Sometimes products aren't added to the cart

Started by Otto0815, March 16, 2016, 18:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto0815

Hi,

i run into a problem with my livesite using vm3.0.12.
Sometimes (not always) when you add a product to the cart (from browse page or detail page) and then click "to the cart" in the follwing pop-up the cart is empty.
As cart i'm using the one page solution by virtuearts, but i think that doesn't matter.

So what for scripts are all involved to the "add to cart" progress?

My backend settings are:
use fancy =yes
use virtuemart css = yes
use virtuemart jquerey = yes
use product scripts = yes

I hope you get what i'm trying to describe and can offer me some hints

thx

Ghost

Otto0815

Quote from: Ghost on March 16, 2016, 18:26:22 PM
Does your site use HTTPS?

Yes, activated in the VM configuration, in Joomla it's set to "none"

PRO

Otto0815

Quote from: PRO on March 16, 2016, 19:18:05 PM
no url?

Kabello.de

it seems that this error mostly (but not always) occurs when it's the first visit to the site

Milbo

Standard problem, you have some jquery problem. btw, please use directly vm3.0.14
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Otto0815

Quote from: Milbo on March 16, 2016, 20:27:24 PM
Standard problem, you have some jquery problem. btw, please use directly vm3.0.14

I thought so....but see no problems when inspecting with firebug....any tips what could cause it?

Is it save to update to 3.0.14 on a livesite?

Milbo

There is, use firebug and then click on add-to-cart
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Otto0815

ok, tried now with Firebug & Chrome.....

I think this is the error you mean?:

Firebug:

Leerer String an getElementById() übergeben.
error source line:...[c]):this.attr(c,b[c]);return this}if(d=y.getElementById(c[2]),d&&d.parentNode){...   
jquery.min.js (Zeile 2, Spalte 24487)

Chrome:

jquery.min.js:5 GET http://kabello.de/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&nosef=1&view=cart&task=viewJS&format=json&lang=&_=1458213939705 net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

But i must say i've absolutly no clue how to solve this.......i cant find no message what scripts are conflicting here
Can anyone help me please?

GJC Web Design

I don't recognise the error but try disabling 3rd party exts .. perhaps u can narrow it down from there

and test with prostar template to eliminate the template from possibles
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Otto0815

hm, i just found out that i was using a compressed version of "jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.css" wich has been saved in my templates css folder wich failed to load the images of the fancybox (the X on the right corner for example)
I changed this back to the normal version in the virtuemart assets folder and now the error seems to been gone, is it possible?

PRO

Quote from: Otto0815 on March 17, 2016, 14:18:32 PM
hm, i just found out that i was using a compressed version of "jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.css" wich has been saved in my templates css folder wich failed to load the images of the fancybox (the X on the right corner for example)
I changed this back to the normal version in the virtuemart assets folder and now the error seems to been gone, is it possible?

i dont know if that was the fix.

but copying the images to the template folder would allow you to keep it there.
Image paths are relative to the css file

nicoco59

Same problem for me too,

I upgraded Joomla to 3.5, virtuemart to 3.0.14, PHP to 7, using SSL on the whole site through Joomla's configuration.

When I add a product in the cart it'll increase the number of product in the cart's module (I can see it through the popup's overlay), but when the page is refreshed or if I'm redirected to the cart the product won't appear (the increased number will be back to 0). If I try to add something for a second time it'll work.

At last as it wasn't stable I had to rollback to Virtuemart 3.0.12 and Joomla 3.4 in which everything was ok.

As someone had the problem on the 3.0.12 version, my guess is that it's not Virtuemart's problem but Joomla's.

Btw I'm using a customized (by me) Protostar template.