News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Blank Virtuemart Pages

Started by xniickiidx, March 30, 2016, 12:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xniickiidx

Joomla! 3.4.8
VirtueMart 3.0.14

I cannot figure out why none of my virtuemart pages are showing up blank.. I have linked the menu items to categories / products and all of them display a blank page. Can anyone help with this as I have no idea where I am going wrong?
All the categories are published and so are the products within the categories.

If anyone could help that would be great - thank you in advance.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jumbo!

Go to Joomla Global Configuration and set "Error Reporting" to "Development" mode.

Now go to VirtueMart Configuration and set "PHP Developer mode" to "For all".

Now visit the page where you are presently seeing a blank page. You will be able to see the exact PHP Fatal Error which is generating 500 error page. Take a screenshot and post that here.

xniickiidx

The error that comes up is: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 25165824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1966080 bytes) in /home/sites/visual-workplace-management.co.uk/public_html/shop/templates/veva/index.php on line 1413 

So do I need to make a change to my template file?

Thanks very much for all your help :)

jenkinhill

25165824 bytes ???  That is only 24Mb PHP memory, while you should really be using 128Mb for Joomla/VM and preferably 256Mb.  You need to increase memory_limit in your server php.ini

Nothing to do with the template.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

xniickiidx

This is what it shows up for memory_limit   Local:24M      Master:256M

How do I increase the local one?

jenkinhill

Edit the local php.ini or .htaccess if it is set there.  You may need to ask your host if you do not understand such things.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK