News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Why Doesn't Custom Field Default to --Select--

Started by websmith, March 27, 2016, 01:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

websmith

Is this a major bug or has my install crapped out? Anytime I go to make an edit in a products custom field The drop down default reverts back to the Custom Field Name, instead of ---Select---. I have to literally click Please Select everytime for it default in front end. Also, in the multi variant ramification box, if I add a new child product, the Custom field name is added to the ramification box every time.

This is extremely cumbersome and irritating. I really find the older virtuemart so much more user friendly. I appreciate all the work put into the development of this software but man, there are some bugs in here that are mind blowing.

Milbo

Which joomla version, which vm version, and which version do you see as the "old" version?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

websmith

VM 3.0.12 and Joomla 3.4.8

If I create a multi variant name "tshirt sizes" with the options of small, medium and large, then create a product hanes t-shirt. I add the custom field and choose the multi variant "tshirt sizes". I add the small, medium and large in the ramification box and add 3 child products, one child product for each variant.

I now have 4 multi variants with drop down options or rows. The first one in drop down defaults to the product name. I would like to either have this default to "Please Select" or the first variant size of "Small". If I choose "small" for first variant drop down then medium for second and large for third, click save, it displays properly in front end of site.

However, anytime I go back into that product details page to make an edit to description, price, image, anything, the custom fields tab always reverts my first variant back to product name. This is extremely frustrating to have to literally click and save that first row everytime you make an edit to a product.

Why is this happening and is there a solution to fix it? Is there an error in the way I am going about adding multi variants? Thats always a possibility even though Ive gone over tutorials and videos extensively.