Main Menu

Experience after upgrading to Joomla 3.5

Started by dimi2013, March 22, 2016, 13:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dimi2013

Joomla 3.5
VM 3.014
PHP    5.6.19

The installation went quite smoothly and everything works just fine. The only thing is that the new ReCaptcha 2.0 doesn't work and you have to go back to 1.0 for the cart--a simple adjustment within the plugin. This happened once before and it was fixed in subsequent updates of VM. Overall, a positive experience.

Troels_E

Joomla 3.5.0
VM 3.0.14
PHP Version 5.6.19

I upgraded last night thinking that a little downtime wouldn't hurt to much in the middle of the night but everything went smooth.
So far I have not experienced any issues and orders are still ticking in, so something must still be working :-)

Now I'm looking forward to when we can move our Virtuemart shop to a PHP 7 server?

I also have a few plain Joomla sites I'd like to move but I must wait for a few plugins to be PHP 7 compatible (Fabrik for one).

dimi2013

Did you have any issues trying to get the new #2 ReCaptcha to show on the VM registration form? Really curious.

Troels_E

Sorry but I'm not using it.
Will give it a shot tomorrow if I get time to do so.

dimi2013

OK, that's cool. This is the same issue I had spoken about in an earlier version of VM. Eventually, it was taken care of in an update. I'm thinking the same thing's going to happen again. In the meantime, v.1 ReCaptcha works just fine.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=127583.msg437441

dimi2013

Troels_E, I don't know if you're still monitoring this thread, but 3.0.16 took care of the ReCaptcha issue.