News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to use Joomla content plugins in custom fields

Started by mattosmat, March 17, 2016, 13:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattosmat

Hi,

I want to be able to use the Joomla content plugins in editor custom fields. For instance, I would like to list a Phoca Download file or display a YouTube video using allvideos plugin. VM includes this functionality, but only for the description field and not the custom ones (or at least not that I'm aware of)

How can I do this? Any insights?

Thanks.

Studio 42

If you need to customise custom fields, this need to develop a plugin.
It's not possible to call content plugins in VM customfields and it's hard to know what is the right customfield.
So the best is to write a new plugin that you can call other Joomla content plugin.
Of course, you can check for a customfield ID and call only your content plugin for this, but this is a poor way todo.

dslove

Hi, is this still the status with VM latest version (currently 3.8.8)?

Content plugins will not parse Virtuemart product custom fields?

Thanks,
Alex

pinochico

QuoteContent plugins will not parse Virtuemart product custom fields?

Which content plugin?

www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

dslove

pinochico

if you want run value from custofield inside content plugin Joomlaworks AllVideos, then you create custom php change in product detail and call content plugin self.
or you can use kkyoutube plugin for VM

You don't need waiting.
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products